Python as a CS1 language: Reference(s)?

Radenski, Atanas

Hello all,

I am writing a paper on my experience with Python as a CS language at Chapman University, California. I know Python has been used as CS1 language in some colleges/universities, such as:

  1. Wartburg College (IA, USA)
  2. Georgia Tech (GA, USA)
  3. University of California Irvine (CA, USA)
  4. Simon Fraser University (BC, Canada)
  5. Center College (KY, USA)
  6. Chapman University (CA, USA)

Is there a comprehensive list of institutions that use Python?

Can you provide information of other institutions, not in the above list?

Any references to related resources will be appreciated.

Bets regards,

Atanas

Atanas Radenski

[hidden email]      http://www.chapman.edu/~radenski/

In this world, time and space are the same -- Richard Wagner ("Parsifal", 1882)

Re: Python as a CS1 language: Reference(s)?

Brad Miller
Hi,

We use Python in CS1 and CS2 at Luther College (IA, USA)  We are in our second year with Python and are very pleased.

As long as we are on the topic I will take this opportunity to announce that there will be a special session at SIGCSE '06 in Houston on teaching introductory CS with Python.  I hope that many of you on this list will be able to make it.  We hope to have a chance to compare notes and talk about what works what doesn't and what the future may bring.

Brad

Brad Miller, PhD
Assistant Professor
Luther College
jabber:  [hidden email]

On Dec 19, 2005, at 1:26 PM, Radenski, Atanas wrote:

[...]

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment