Python for .NET installation problem

Alla Gofman

Hi,

I have installed Python v. 264 on Win7 and I want to install Python for .NET.

I downloaded  pythonnet-2.0-alpha2-clr2.0_py26 but there is no python.exe file there.

So I downloaded pythonnet-2.0-alpha2-clr2.0_py25 where file indeed exists.

I follow the instruction for installation on http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/readme.html#installation

“The source release is a self-contained "private" assembly. Just unzip the package wherever you want it, cd to that directory and run python.exe to start using it.”

I run python.exe and I get an error:

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'python25':

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

   at Python.Runtime.Runtime.Py_Initialize()

   at Python.Runtime.Runtime.Initialize()

   at Python.Runtime.PythonEngine.Initialize()

   at Python.Runtime.PythonConsole.Main(String[] args)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

AllaG

PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by telephone or e-mail (as shown above) immediately and destroy any and all copies of this message in your possession (whether hard copies or electronically stored copies).

Re: Python for .NET installation problem

Brian Lloyd-3
Well, the _py25 version will only work if you have python 2.5 installed. Not sure why the
_py26 distribution does not include the python.exe. Is anyone who worked on that still
tracking the list?

--
Brian Lloyd
http://livingsocial.com

Re: Python for .NET installation problem

Alla Gofman
Thank you for your reply.
I checked and py25 version does work with python 2.5 installed.

AllaG

Re: Python for .NET installation problem

Urs Fleisch-2
Get the current source code from Subversion. Then build a Release
version of pythonnet.sln and make sure that PYTHON26 is defined
instead of PYTHON25, which should be the case for the latest code in
Subversion. You can then copy clr.pyd and Python.Runtime.dll to
C:\Python26. You do not really need the generated python.exe, you can
use the standard python interpreter and import clr to use Python for
.NET.

-Urs

Re: Python for .NET installation problem

Alla Gofman

Hi Barton,

Thanks.

I also have build a Release version of pythonnet.sln.

However, I ran into some trouble, Python.exe didn't launched.

I get the same error as before for both python25 and 26 when I run my program and pythonnet.sln.

I don't understand how can I use python.exe

I want to run C# which embedding Phyton without installing Python full version on PC.

Can I do so?

Alla.

A system designer and Python expert in London is available for a new job and challenge

David Shi
I am a system architect and Python expert in London area.

I am now available for a new job, project and challenge.

In addition, I have start up and IT human resource management work experience.  If any organisation is interested in setting up a company in London, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards.

David
0044(0)7881434612