Python is not immune to WTF

Simeon Franklin
I thought I'd make up a new drinking game for Baypiggies like:

1. Feast your eyes upon the code snippet at http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Python-Charmer.aspx
2. Take a shot of your beverage of choice every time you see the zen of python violated

but on second thought this could well prove fatal. I don't know if anybody else reads the daily WTF but today's article is proof you can write ugly code in any language! I hope you find it as amusing as I did.

-regards
Simeon Franklin

ps - I've perpetrated some atrocities in various programming languages myself (hopefully not quite so bad as this one) so I also related to Luke Plant's recent "Prayer to the programming gods". http://lukeplant.me.uk/blog/posts/a-prayer-to-the-programming-gods/

Re: Python is not immune to WTF

Hy Carrinski
Simeon et al.,

Thank you for a post whose comments contain a link forĀ goto for Python: http://entrian.com/goto/

I like the way Python allows wtf but only after making you work hard or set an intention to not-think.

Hy