Python packages using C libraries on Jython

Python packages using C libraries on Jython

Krzysiek Płachno
Hey!

Thanks for previous answers to my question!

I have another one. I found out that if a python package uses C libraries it cannot be used by Jython (https://stackoverflow.com/a/13684001/4703098). There are plenty of such libraries - such as e.g. numpy. So there won't work by default. But does Jython implement and contain some common c libraries to make such common cPython packages working? Or is there any other workaround?

Best,
Krzysztof

Re: Python packages using C libraries on Jython

Jeff Emanuel
See http://jyni.org/

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 19:43:17 +0200, Krzysiek Płachno
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey!
> Thanks for previous answers to my question!
> I have another one. I found out that if a python package uses C
libraries
> it cannot be used by Jython
(https://stackoverflow.com/a/13684001/4703098
> [1]). There are plenty of such libraries - such as e.g. numpy. So there
> wont work by default. But does Jython implement and contain some common
> libraries to make such common cPython packages working? Or is there any
> other workaround?
> Best,Krzysztof
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://stackoverflow.com/a/13684001/4703098

Re: Python packages using C libraries on Jython

Krzysiek Płachno
Thanks!