Python tutorials

John J. Dooley
Currently, I am going thru the Nevow examples for my own education. This is
that simple index.html file that allows the example to be run and the source
displayed in a browser. For me this is a very effective way of learning.

If anyone knows of any Python related package that has adopted the Nevow
example scheme I would appreciate knowing about it.

A customer of mine (develops in java and C#) is a mobile system integrator
and would benefit greatly by using Python support in many areas. I am
thinking about preparing tutorials in the Nevow example format for some key
areas (network testing, log scraping, blah, ...) but could use more examples
than I could write from scratch.

The Nevow examples is probably pushing the complexity tolerance
(Introspection, interfaces, etc.) for the customer. Don't exclude anything
you may think is too simple. Include games (this is a sell job), strange
products(RS-485, LonWorks,..), Windows, Unisys interfaces, blah,.. - nothing
is too strange or specialized.

Thanks

Re: Python tutorials

Brian Mahoney-2
The wxPython Demo uses a tabbed pane for the wxPython
feature selected from a tree of features. There is a tab for
Overview, and if there is any code, a tab for any Demo Code,
and a tab for running the Demo code, sometimes with
output in that tab or else in additional launched windows.
The selections in "Using Images" and "Miscellaneous" have some
attention getting demos.

I don't know of anything at the wxPython Wiki or any document
that describes these demos, just select a demo and read the
"Overview" tab.

The wxPython 2.6 Docs and Demos are in a package with some
form of the name "demo". They are no longer in the binary for
wxPython, which works out better in the long run.
At http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

Also, wxPython widgets are incorporated,  or may possibly be
added (YMMV) to PythonCard.