Quantcast

Python working with XML

Jim Johnston-2
I want to develop some tools for working with XML document files.  This might require the validation of XML rules and converting various formats into XML.  What is new and available?  Some of the things I am reading are from 2000 - 2001.

Thanks

--
James Johnston
Retail Technologies

Re: Python working with XML

Stefan Behnel-3
James Johnston, 18.02.2010 21:42:
> I want to develop some tools for working with XML document files.  This
> might require the validation of XML rules and converting various formats
> into XML.  What is new and available?  Some of the things I am reading are
> from 2000 - 2001.

Data conversion tends to be rather easy in Python. If you want to output
XML, there are multiple options, but you might want to start with the
xml.etree Package in Python's standard library. If you need validation, use
lxml instead.

Stefan