Python3.1 mac os

Georges Arsouze-2
Hi
sorry for my poor english
1) I'm working on mac os  snow leopard 10.6 and python 3.1
I want to use the ttk and tix widgets

 I have an error message : require tile

On the mailing list i see

I think that it is probably much easier to install the tile extension
for Tk-8.4 than upgrading Tcl/Tk and Python to Tk-8.5 . You can look
for tile packages here:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/tktable/files/
and once tile is installed you can use ttk just as if you had Tk-8.5 .

I hope this helps

Michael

What can i do for installing tile ?

2)I try pyhon 3.2 from activate state
Tcl/tk is in version 5
but idle crash

can you help me ? I'm beginning with python

regards

Re: Python3.1 mac os

Ned Deily
In article
<CACedRDyWE0KYPMfsnc47xH-HMpobOg0sxJwtSs1-Uz=+[hidden email]>,
 Georges Arsouze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> sorry for my poor english
> 1) I'm working on mac os  snow leopard 10.6 and python 3.1
> I want to use the ttk and tix widgets
>
>  I have an error message : require tile

Apparently Tix is not shipped by default with ActiveState Tcl because
Tix is considered out-of-date.  However, it appears you can install a
version (for Tk 8.4 at least, which the python.org binary installers for
Python 3.1 uses) via the ActiveState teacup package manager:

sudo /usr/local/bin/teacup install Tix

Keep in mind that Python 3.1 has been superseded by Python 3.2 (3.2.1 is
current).  I f you are just starting with Python, you should consider
using it:

http://www.python.org/download/

http://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/878b