Pythonnet for Python2.7 binary distribution?

Pythonnet for Python2.7 binary distribution?

Olof Bjarnason
Hi Python.NET (is that the correct spelling..?) community!

I learned of Python.NET today. I love the idea of being able to use the .NET assemblies/types directly from CPython. I've tried IronPython before, but it just does not feel Python enough for me :)

But I failed to play with Python.NET tonight, since I'm at a CPython2.7 computer. I couldn't find a 2.7 port of Python.NET on SF, even though I found a note about the changes necessary already being available:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3094895&group_id=162464&atid=823894

/Olof

PS. I'd love to help somehow with this project, since my day-time work is with a C# program, and I'm trying to integrate Python into "the loop" more and more. DS

Re: Pythonnet for Python2.7 binary distribution?

Barton
Hello Olof,
Most commonly, you'll find "PythonDotNet" returns the most active hits on Google.

I have uploaded the latest Windows build for python 2.7 to the project files.
I now have the ability to build for Linux (Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick) under Mono 2.8.1 for python 2.6 and will upload that shortly.

Please feel free to grab the current Head of the SVN and submit patches for review.
Thanks for your interest and participation,