QT Remote Objects

Giuseppe Corbelli
Hi all

As I understand Qt Remote Objects [1] has come out of technology
preview. Is there any plan to support it in PyQt?

Thanks

[1]: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.11/qtremoteobjects-index.html
--
Giuseppe Corbelli

Re: QT Remote Objects

Phil Thompson-5
On 17 Dec 2018, at 10:59 am, Giuseppe Corbelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> As I understand Qt Remote Objects [1] has come out of technology preview. Is there any plan to support it in PyQt?

Support was planned for PyQt v5.12, however as Remote Objects seems to be missing from the Qt on-line installer for Qt v5.12.0 it will have to wait.

Phil

Re: QT Remote Objects

Giuseppe Corbelli

On 12/17/18 12:06 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2018, at 10:59 am, Giuseppe Corbelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> As I understand Qt Remote Objects [1] has come out of technology
>> preview. Is there any plan to support it in PyQt?
>
> Support was planned for PyQt v5.12, however as Remote Objects seems
> to  be missing from the Qt on-line installer for Qt v5.12.0 it will have to
> wait.

Thanks, man.

To me it seems a really interesting technology, do you have some
experience on that?

--
Giuseppe Corbelli

Re: QT Remote Objects

iMath
PySide2 just released today, it seems has Qt Remote Objects support , but I havn't got this example working
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qtforpython/tutorials/basictutorial/qml.html

在2018年12月17 21时19分, "Giuseppe Corbelli"<[hidden email]>写道:

On 17 Dec 2018, at 11:06 am, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2018, at 10:59 am, Giuseppe Corbelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> As I understand Qt Remote Objects [1] has come out of technology preview. Is there any plan to support it in PyQt?
>
> Support was planned for PyQt v5.12, however as Remote Objects seems to be missing from the Qt on-line installer for Qt v5.12.0 it will have to wait.

My mistake, I didn't notice it was now part of the Qt package.

Phil