QValidator and QML

Alexander Rössler-3

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a QValidator for QML TextField. However, when I attempt to enter any text, the application segfaults.

The problem is reproducible, and I created a demonstration application: https://github.com/machinekoder/pyqt-bug-qml-qvalidator

It would be great if someone can help with this problem, as I have no idea how to work around it.

I'm using a custom build of PyQt 5.10.1

Alex

Re: QValidator and QML

Phil Thompson-5
On 16 Jan 2019, at 7:17 pm, Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to create a QValidator for QML TextField. However, when I attempt to enter any text, the application segfaults.
>
> The problem is reproducible, and I created a demonstration application: https://github.com/machinekoder/pyqt-bug-qml-qvalidator
>

> It would be great if someone can help with this problem, as I have no idea how to work around it.
>
> I'm using a custom build of PyQt 5.10.1

Custom Python validators are not supported from QML - although I think its possible to do so.

Phil

Re: QValidator and QML

Phil Thompson-5
On 18 Jan 2019, at 10:18 am, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2019, at 7:17 pm, Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a QValidator for QML TextField. However, when I attempt to enter any text, the application segfaults.
>>
>> The problem is reproducible, and I created a demonstration application: https://github.com/machinekoder/pyqt-bug-qml-qvalidator
>>

>> It would be great if someone can help with this problem, as I have no idea how to work around it.
>>
>> I'm using a custom build of PyQt 5.10.1
>
> Custom Python validators are not supported from QML - although I think its possible to do so.

Support will be in tonight's PyQt snapshot - please test.

Phil

Re: QValidator and QML

Barry Scott

On 25 Jan 2019, at 16:16, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 18 Jan 2019, at 10:18 am, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16 Jan 2019, at 7:17 pm, Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a QValidator for QML TextField. However, when I attempt to enter any text, the application segfaults.

The problem is reproducible, and I created a demonstration application: https://github.com/machinekoder/pyqt-bug-qml-qvalidator

It would be great if someone can help with this problem, as I have no idea how to work around it.

I'm using a custom build of PyQt 5.10.1

Custom Python validators are not supported from QML - although I think its possible to do so.

Support will be in tonight's PyQt snapshot - please test.

Are there  built wheels I can install the snapshot from or do I have to compile from source?

Barry

Phil

Re: QValidator and QML

Phil Thompson-5
On 26 Jan 2019, at 9:07 am, Barry Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 25 Jan 2019, at 16:16, Phil Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Custom Python validators are not supported from QML - although I think its possible to do so.
>>
>> Support will be in tonight's PyQt snapshot - please test.
>
> Are there  built wheels I can install the snapshot from or do I have to compile from source?

Snapshots are only provided as source.

Phil