Qt 5.12 change in behaviour for table cells

Qt 5.12 change in behaviour for table cells

Barry Scott
I've been testing with PyQt5 5.12.

All of the cells in a table that have text that is longer than can fit is being wrapped in the cell.
Leading to two lines in one box.

Has anyone else seen this? Do you know what I do to fix it?

Barry

Re: Qt 5.12 change in behaviour for table cells

Barry Scott

> On 17 Feb 2019, at 15:09, Barry Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been testing with PyQt5 5.12.
>
> All of the cells in a table that have text that is longer than can fit is being wrapped in the cell.
> Leading to two lines in one box.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? Do you know what I do to fix it?

It seems that word wrap default has changed so this fixes it:

self.table_view = TableView( self.app )
self.table_view.setWordWrap( False )

In Qt 5.10 it does not matter what the value of setWordWrap is the
table cells are always elided.

Barry