QtWebEngineWidgets doesn't work on Windows and Linux only Mac

QtWebEngineWidgets doesn't work on Windows and Linux only Mac

starglider.dev
HI,
need to insert a browser in a form to show HTML/CSS/JS,
a few years ago I did it with QtWebKit in python 2.7 and PyQt5
but QtWebKit was removed from PyQt5 and replaced by QtWebKitWidgets.

The problem is that in linux (Debian 9.6 64 bit) it gives a error:QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program!
and doesn't show nothing,
in Windows 7 32 says it can't import QtWebKitWidgets but in Mac it works fine (3.7/PyQt5 5.11)

I try several versions of python and PyQt5 in windows 32 and 64 bit, and was unable to import QtWebKitWidgets

Any idea?
or there is another way of showing HTML/CSS pages with PyQt5?

Thank in advance

Links:

Re: QtWebEngineWidgets doesn't work on Windows and Linux only Mac

Jay Kamat

Starglider Developer writes:

> but QtWebKit was removed from PyQt5 and replaced by QtWebKitWidgets.

Is that true? I'm still using QtWebKit via PyQt5 currently.

> The problem is that in linux (Debian 9.6 64 bit) it gives a
> error:QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program!

I've heard that's usually caused by some quirk with nvidia's drivers. Have you
seen:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-qt4/+bug/941826
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71488

This might be interesting as well:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/commit/b3f395453b828ebbc9467596f14db9738f965718

> and doesn't show nothing, in Windows 7 32 says it can't import
> QtWebKitWidgets but in Mac it works fine (3.7/PyQt5 5.11) I try several
> versions of python and PyQt5 in windows 32 and 64 bit, and was unable to
> import QtWebKitWidgets

I think that error means webkit was not built into PyQt5