Query on (hotel) Dress Code

Gadget/Steve-2
Hi All,

My wife, who is not into software but loves the idea of a visit to
Florence, has raised a question that I thought I would pass on as I can
not find any information on the web site.

What is the expected style of dress for:

    a) The hotel &
    b) The Conference?

While the conference code of conduct clearly states that excessive
sexuality would not be acceptable she would like know if, reasonable
length, shorts would be acceptable day wear about the hotel, etc.

Gadget/Steve

Re: Query on (hotel) Dress Code

Giovanni Bajo-2
Il giorno 23/apr/2012, alle ore 20:32, Gadget/Steve ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> My wife, who is not into software but loves the idea of a visit to
> Florence, has raised a question that I thought I would pass on as I can
> not find any information on the web site.
>
> What is the expected style of dress for:
>
>    a) The hotel &
>    b) The Conference?
>

> While the conference code of conduct clearly states that excessive
> sexuality would not be acceptable she would like know if, reasonable
> length, shorts would be acceptable day wear about the hotel, etc.

Hi Steve,

most people at the conference will simply dress casual; that's not unlike most technical conferences out there. The code of conduct is basically trying to address excessive sexualized clothing/costumes (eg: so-called "booth babes"); wearing shorts is absolutely acceptable per-se, and is surely a common clothing in the summer season.

While walking around the city, and in the hotel, you will find many different styles of dresses, including business suites in the day and very elegant dresses in the evenings, and lots of casual and informal dressing (very common among tourists). So for going around the city itself, I would say that any style of dress that makes you comfortable is OK. You can surely find many pictures of crowded Florence squares (on Flickr or Google) to get an idea of the mixed styles.

Please let me know if I can further help you on this matter.
--
Giovanni Bajo

EuroPython 2012
https://ep2012.europython.eu

Python Italia APS
Non-profit association
Registered in Italy

Re: Query on (hotel) Dress Code

Nicola Musatti

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Giovanni Bajo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Il giorno 23/apr/2012, alle ore 20:32, Gadget/Steve ha scritto:

[I know you're not the OP, Giovanni, but I didn't want to quote the whole message]

While walking around the city, and in the hotel, you will find many different styles of dresses, including business suites in the day and very elegant dresses in the evenings, and lots of casual and informal dressing (very common among tourists). So for going around the city itself, I would say that any style of dress that makes you comfortable is OK. You can surely find many pictures of crowded Florence squares (on Flickr or Google) to get an idea of the mixed styles.

Just keep in mind that people in shorts and / or sleeveless shirts might not be admitted to churches, in case you plan to visit any (and you definitely should!)

Cheers,
Nicola

--
Nicola.Musatti <at> gmail <dot> com
Home: http://nicola.musatti.googlepages.com/home

Re: Query on (hotel) Dress Code

Gadget/Steve-2
Thank-you (both) for the quick and informative replies.

Gadget/Stsve

Poster session

daniela ghironi
Hi all! :)

As co-author of one of the submitted poster,
I'm just wondering how many posters will be
accepted for the poster session:
in the final ranking 17 posters are listed,
do you have room for all of them or do you plan to
exclude some?

Thanks in advance,

Daniela