Questions about code coverage.

Christopher Keith

Folks-

I ran coverage and massaged the data a bit to get a better idea what areas weren’t covered. Here is a Google Sheet with the results, sorted by coverage% low-to-high.

It looks like the gis files aren't covered. Is there any way to run tests and coverage on this code?

The other uncovered areas look to be primarily database specific (Postgres, Oracle, etc.). Are these covered in an automated build somewhere (e.g., in the CI system)?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Questions about code coverage.

charettes
Hello Chris,

> It looks like the gis files aren't covered. Is there any way to run tests and coverage on this code?

The tests for these files won't be run unless you run the suite with a GIS enabled database backend.

We do it on CI (https://djangoci.com/view/%C2%ADCoverage/) but you can do the same locally using django-docker-box (https://github.com/django/django-docker-box)

Best,
Simon