[RELEASED] Python 3.3.4

Georg Brandl-3

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.4

Makoto Kuwata-2
Congrat!

By the way, I can't find Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 in:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.3.4/

Python-3.3.{1,2,3}.tar.bz2 and Python-3.4.0.tar.bz2 are provided,
but Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 is not. Why?
# I hope that Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 is also provided.

--
regards,
makoto kuwata

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Georg Brandl <georg at python.org> wrote:

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.4

Ned Deily
In article
<CAFTm5RvZw=NvSmJb2vudE3gNYUevCDcyypSiji60ti8eWe+Tuw at mail.gmail.com>,
 Makoto Kuwata <kwa at kuwata-lab.com> wrote:
> By the way, I can't find Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 in:
> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.3.4/
>
> Python-3.3.{1,2,3}.tar.bz2 and Python-3.4.0.tar.bz2 are provided,
> but Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 is not. Why?
> # I hope that Python-3.3.4.tar.bz2 is also provided.

The release managers decided that having three different source release
formats was not necessary so, as of recent Python releases, the bz2
format is no longer provided.  The newer xz compression format provides
generally smaller files than bz2 and the gz format is provided because
of its wide support.  (BTW, Python 3.4.0 is not released yet; some early
alphas of 3.4.0 still provided .bz2 tarballs but the most recent ones,
including the current rc1, do not.)

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org