[REQ] Tkinter programmer

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[REQ] Tkinter programmer

fresher
Hello. I am looking for somebody who could help me to do some tasks with Tkinter python programming? for sure $$

thanks.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

Cameron Laird-2
On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 04:21:14AM -0800, fresher wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
> Hello. I am looking for somebody who could help me to do some tasks with
> Tkinter python programming? for sure $$
                        .
                        .
                        .
Several of us are in a position to help.  Please say a
few more words of description so we can judge what to
propose to you.  It's possible that your needs can be
met with a (free!) explanation or two through the
mailing list, OR you might want to engage one of us on
a long-term consulting agreement, OR there is a whole
range of possibilities between.
_______________________________________________
Tkinter-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tkinter-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

fresher
the first task is to build working calculator like this:



later Ill have more tasks to build forms like this




I cant aford much, even the projects are not very difficult for those who know what to do :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

Bryan Oakley-2
On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM, fresher <[hidden email]> wrote:
the first task is to build working calculator like this:

http://python.6.n6.nabble.com/file/n4545517/skaiciavke.png

later Ill have more tasks to build forms like this

http://python.6.n6.nabble.com/file/n4545517/MLDataAnalyzer5.png


I cant aford much, even the projects are not very difficult for those who
know what to do :)


This looks suspiciously like you are asking us to do your homework. Is that what you are doing?

I think even if you've never coded a GUI before in your life, you could do the calculator in a single day by following some examples on the net. A competent Tkinter programmer would probably need only a half hour or so to implement it, so it's hardly worth paying someone to do it. Even if you did pay someone for the other tasks, spending the day learning Tkinter fundamentals would put you in a better position to evaluate the code someone else provides to you.





_______________________________________________
Tkinter-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tkinter-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

fresher
yeah... but if i am able to do that i wont ask. so now I am asking for
help or for full project. thank you.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

Cam Farnell-2
RTFM


On 12-03-04 02:27 PM, fresher wrote:
> yeah... but if i am able to do that i wont ask. so now I am asking for
> help or for full project. thank you.
>

>
_______________________________________________
Tkinter-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tkinter-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

fresher
STFU
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

Kevin Walzer-5
On 3/5/12 6:54 AM, fresher wrote:
> STFU
>

It appears the tone of the discussion is deteriorating rapidly here.

fresher, the purpose of this mailing list is to provide discussion and
assistance in solving problems related to the Tkinter GUI toolkit and
the Python programming language. List members are willing to provide
advice and guidance to inexperienced developers, at no cost. The goal is
to help inexperienced developers improve and thus further the
development of applications in Python and Tkinter.

Offering to hire someone to do your work for you short-circuits that
learning process on your end, and (as you've indicated) will likely
provide inadequate compensation to the person you're trying to hire.
This list really isn't the place to contract for that kind of project.

If you're absolutely stuck on where to start on your first project, try
Googling for "tkinter calculator."  This turned up several hits for me.
Finding some basic open-source code to look at will put you several
steps ahead of starting from scratch, and you may learn something in the
process. As for the second project you are offering, it is impossible to
tell from the screenshot you posted exactly what is involved.

If you are dead-set on hiring someone to do your work for you, then you
may have more luck at one of the freelance coding sites (Guru,
rent-a-coder, etc.).

--Kevin


--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin
http://www.codebykevin.com
_______________________________________________
Tkinter-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tkinter-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [REQ] Tkinter programmer

Cameron Laird-2
On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 07:38:11AM -0500, Kevin Walzer wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .

> It appears the tone of the discussion is deteriorating rapidly here.
>
> fresher, the purpose of this mailing list is to provide discussion and
> assistance in solving problems related to the Tkinter GUI toolkit and
> the Python programming language. List members are willing to provide
> advice and guidance to inexperienced developers, at no cost. The goal is
> to help inexperienced developers improve and thus further the
> development of applications in Python and Tkinter.
>
> Offering to hire someone to do your work for you short-circuits that
> learning process on your end, and (as you've indicated) will likely
> provide inadequate compensation to the person you're trying to hire.
> This list really isn't the place to contract for that kind of project.
>
> If you're absolutely stuck on where to start on your first project, try
> Googling for "tkinter calculator."  This turned up several hits for me.
> Finding some basic open-source code to look at will put you several
> steps ahead of starting from scratch, and you may learn something in the
> process. As for the second project you are offering, it is impossible to
> tell from the screenshot you posted exactly what is involved.
>
> If you are dead-set on hiring someone to do your work for you, then you
> may have more luck at one of the freelance coding sites (Guru,
> rent-a-coder, etc.).
                        .
                        .
                        .
Well-written, Kevin; thank you.

I have a few personal observations:
1.  Commercial language--a solicitation for paid work,
    for instance--*is* welcome on this Tkinter mailing
    list.  I say so, and I'm moderator of the list.

    I can think of no examples where such a solicita-
    tion has led directly to a paid engagement.
    Generally the helpful people here "give it away"
    and supply the heart of a solution for free.  It's
    certainly possible to imagine a different outcome
    in the future, though.

    I'm even more certain that commercial discussions
    have invariably led to learning, generally on the
    part of several of us.  Learning about Tkinter and
    what impacts it is right in the center of the
    mailing list's charter.
2.  Is there someone who can help me better understand
    "... the freelance coding sites (Guru, rent-a-coder,
    etc.)"?  Kevin's advice is appropriate, of course;
    but how can those places possibly have "happy
    endings"?  In the case at hand, I *know* that this
    mailing list has participants who are more courteous,
    knowledgeable, business-like, and honorable than the
    rent-a-coders (etc.) appear to be.  Is there some
    sort of transactional-intermediation magic going on
    that results in success for rent-a-coder?
_______________________________________________
Tkinter-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tkinter-discuss