Quantcast

RGSoC'17

Александра Мартынова
Dear all,

We are a team looking to participate in Rails Girls Summer of Code 2017, and we would like to contribute to Django for our internship. We are Russian CS students with 4-year experience in Python (both 2 and 3) and OOP, as well as algorithms and database design.

Among the projects suggested for GSoC'17 we think the most suitable for us would be SQLAlchemy / NoSQL integration, because we have some experience with both SQL and NoSQL. There are no issues related to this project, so could you please give us some test task?

Best wishes,
Alexandra Ershova (https://github.com/religofsil
and Alexandra Martynova (https://github.com/melanoya)

Re: RGSoC'17

Tim Graham-2
Hi Alexandra and Alexandra,

I'm not sure what exactly the NoSQL idea would entail but I personally don't see it as a big priority. There are a number of third-party packages offering NoSQL support, see https://djangopackages.org/grids/g/nosql/ for some examples.
I'd recommend to choose some other idea unless you have a specific use case and idea in mind, as well as a motivated coach.

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 6:28:56 PM UTC-5, Александра Мартынова wrote:
Dear all,

We are a team looking to participate in Rails Girls Summer of Code 2017, and we would like to contribute to Django for our internship. We are Russian CS students with 4-year experience in Python (both 2 and 3) and OOP, as well as algorithms and database design.

Among the projects suggested for GSoC'17 we think the most suitable for us would be SQLAlchemy / NoSQL integration, because we have some experience with both SQL and NoSQL. There are no issues related to this project, so could you please give us some test task?

Best wishes,
Alexandra Ershova (<a href="https://vk.com/away.php?utf=1&amp;to=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Freligofsil" style="color:rgb(42,88,133);text-decoration:none" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Faway.php%3Futf%3D1%26to%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fgithub.com%252Freligofsil\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNET9RAAse2xVDMzLSC2xQ16Vfi0Jg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Faway.php%3Futf%3D1%26to%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fgithub.com%252Freligofsil\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNET9RAAse2xVDMzLSC2xQ16Vfi0Jg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/religofsil
and Alexandra Martynova (<a href="https://vk.com/away.php?utf=1&amp;to=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fmelanoya" style="color:rgb(42,88,133);text-decoration:none" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Faway.php%3Futf%3D1%26to%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fgithub.com%252Fmelanoya\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHjaS4KlC0-t_Srm1pFPPSydb5Ksw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Faway.php%3Futf%3D1%26to%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fgithub.com%252Fmelanoya\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHjaS4KlC0-t_Srm1pFPPSydb5Ksw&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/melanoya)

Re: RGSoC'17

Tim Graham-2
Yes, I think a collection of tickets from the "Testing framework"
component in Trac (or whatever ideas you might have) would be a
suitable project. If you want any feedback about what tickets would be
more useful than others, just let me know.

https://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=assigned&status=new&component=Testing+framework&stage=Accepted&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=version&desc=1&order=id

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Саша Ершова
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> We're thinking about working on test framework cleanup, do you think it
> would be more useful than NoSQL idea?
>
> Alexandra and Alexandra
>
> пн, 27 февр. 2017 г. в 15:30, Tim Graham <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Alexandra and Alexandra,
>>
>> I'm not sure what exactly the NoSQL idea would entail but I personally
>> don't see it as a big priority. There are a number of third-party packages
>> offering NoSQL support, see https://djangopackages.org/grids/g/nosql/ for
>> some examples. I'd recommend to choose some other idea unless you have a
>> specific use case and idea in mind, as well as a motivated coach.
>>

>> On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 6:28:56 PM UTC-5, Александра Мартынова
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We are a team looking to participate in Rails Girls Summer of Code 2017,
>>> and we would like to contribute to Django for our internship. We are Russian
>>> CS students with 4-year experience in Python (both 2 and 3) and OOP, as well
>>> as algorithms and database design.
>>>
>>> Among the projects suggested for GSoC'17 we think the most suitable for
>>> us would be SQLAlchemy / NoSQL integration, because we have some experience
>>> with both SQL and NoSQL. There are no issues related to this project, so
>>> could you please give us some test task?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Alexandra Ershova (https://github.com/religofsil)
>>> and Alexandra Martynova (https://github.com/melanoya)

Re: RGSoC'17

Александра Мартынова
Yes, we would like to know about the most useful tickets, thank you.

Alexandra and Alexandra

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> We're thinking about working on test framework cleanup, do you think it
> would be more useful than NoSQL idea?
>
> Alexandra and Alexandra
>
> пн, 27 февр. 2017 г. в 15:30, Tim Graham <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Alexandra and Alexandra,
>>
>> I'm not sure what exactly the NoSQL idea would entail but I personally
>> don't see it as a big priority. There are a number of third-party packages
>> offering NoSQL support, see https://djangopackages.org/grids/g/nosql/ for
>> some examples. I'd recommend to choose some other idea unless you have a
>> specific use case and idea in mind, as well as a motivated coach.
>>

>> On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 6:28:56 PM UTC-5, Александра Мартынова
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> We are a team looking to participate in Rails Girls Summer of Code 2017,
>>> and we would like to contribute to Django for our internship. We are Russian
>>> CS students with 4-year experience in Python (both 2 and 3) and OOP, as well
>>> as algorithms and database design.
>>>
>>> Among the projects suggested for GSoC'17 we think the most suitable for
>>> us would be SQLAlchemy / NoSQL integration, because we have some experience
>>> with both SQL and NoSQL. There are no issues related to this project, so
>>> could you please give us some test task?
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Alexandra Ershova (https://github.com/religofsil)
>>> and Alexandra Martynova (https://github.com/melanoya)

Re: RGSoC'17

Tim Graham-2
Sorry, I didn't mean that I could put together a proposal from
scratch. Hopefully you have some experience using Django and have an
idea of tickets that would be useful for you? If you have more
specific questions like, "we're thinking about this ticket or that
ticket, which do you think would be a better use of time?" that's
something I could advise about.