Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Doug Blank
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Doug Blank <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm not too concerned about ipy.exe itself, but about being about to
>> use the dlls.
>>
>> I'm trying to verify that the IronPython 2.7 dlls absolutely need Mono
>> 2.8 or later. If that is true, I'll have to stay with IronPython 2.6
>> until the rest of the Linux distros catch up (or I make my own version
>> of Mono to download). Perhaps Miguel or someone from SuSE can add more
>> details to the dependencies for building and running IronPython 2.7?
>
> IronPython 2.7 *should* build for .NET 2.0, although it's not the
> default (I don't remember the name of the MSBuild configuration to do
> so, though). However, I don't think that was consistently tested, so I
> don't know if it works. I would consider it not working a bug, though.

I have successfully built IronPython 2.7 on Mono 2.10 on Ubuntu 10.10
for .NET 4.0. Details below.

But I'd like to try for .NET 2.0, to see if it will run under Mono
2.6.7, so if someone could send me a hint on the "MSBuild
configuration" magic, that would be helpful. Of course, I will be
using xbuild.

To build IronPython under Mono 2.10:

0) Prereqs (I started from a clean Ubuntu 10.10):
sudo apt-get install git subversion gcc emacs libmono-corlib2.0-cil
libmono-system2.0-cil libmono-i18n2.0-cil
libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil  libmono-winforms2.0-cil
libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil nant mono-xbuild automake libtool
gettext gnome-common g++ bison

1) Get Mono 2.10 as per:
http://mono-project.com/Compiling_Mono_From_Git

a) Switched to 2.10
b) Installed in /opt (--prefix=/opt)

2) Allow multiple versions of Mono:
http://apebox.org/wordpress/linux/370/

3) Download IronPython:
https://download.github.com/IronLanguages-main-ipy-2.7-0-g4fb2552.zip
or
https://download.github.com/IronLanguages-main-ipy-2.7-7-g4e7a828.zip
or
git clone https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git

into ./IronPython/

4) Edit IronPython/Solutions/Dlr.sln
Removed anything that said "test" and other parts that aren't needed.
(One test had a file that Mono wouldn't read the .il code correctly
(./Test/ClrAssembly/Src/typeforwarder2.il) and some filenames in
csproj files that had the wrong case, which doesn't work too well on a
case-sensitive file system. I started to fix those, but left that for
now).

5) Delete IronPython/bin/Debug/*.dll

6) Build it:
cd IronPython/Solutions/
xbuild Dlr.sln
xbuild IronPython.sln

7) Test:
$cd ../bin/Debug/
$ mono ipy.exe
IronPython 2.7 DEBUG (2.7.0.40) on .NET 4.0.30319.1
>>> 1 + 1
2
>>> ^d

It is still in gray colors, but that works.

Questions:

1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?

> We won't provide binaries for 2.7/.NET2, but we don't want to prevent
> someone building their own either. 3.0, however, will drop support for
> .NET 2 entirely.

I will add this information to the wiki so that people can do exactly that.

-Doug

> - Jeff

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Markus Schaber-6
Hi, Jeff,

If you manage to compile it with .NET 2.0, I would be very pleased to see your success story posted here. :-)

Thanks!

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: [hidden email] | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915

Jeff Hardy-4
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Doug Blank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
> 2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?

1) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="Release"
2) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="v2Debug" (or "v2Release")

I assume xbuild's command line matches msbuild's.

However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work
right now, which I was kinda afraid of. I think there's a discrepancy
between the Microsoft.Scripting DLR and the .NET 4 DLR.

- Jeff

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
" However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work right now"

This should be fixed now.

Tomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Doug Blank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
> 2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?

1) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="Release"
2) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="v2Debug" (or "v2Release")

I assume xbuild's command line matches msbuild's.

However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work right now, which I was kinda afraid of. I think there's a discrepancy between the Microsoft.Scripting DLR and the .NET 4 DLR.

- Jeff

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek

4) You don't need to do this. Use IronPython.Mono.sln to build IronPython and IronRuby.sln to build IronRuby. Those 2 solutions should work on Mono. DLR is built by both as it is a dependency. No need to build Dlr.sln: it includes both languages plus additional test projects  - as you noticed some of the test assemblies are not buildable on Mono yet.

Tomas

Removed anything that said "test" and other parts that aren't needed.
(One test had a file that Mono wouldn't read the .il code correctly
(./Test/ClrAssembly/Src/typeforwarder2.il) and some filenames in csproj files that had the wrong case, which doesn't work too well on a case-sensitive file system. I started to fix those, but left that for now).

5) Delete IronPython/bin/Debug/*.dll

6) Build it:
cd IronPython/Solutions/
xbuild Dlr.sln
xbuild IronPython.sln

7) Test:
$cd ../bin/Debug/
$ mono ipy.exe
IronPython 2.7 DEBUG (2.7.0.40) on .NET 4.0.30319.1 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 1 + 1
2
>>> ^d

It is still in gray colors, but that works.

Questions:

1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?

> We won't provide binaries for 2.7/.NET2, but we don't want to prevent
> someone building their own either. 3.0, however, will drop support for
> .NET 2 entirely.

I will add this information to the wiki so that people can do exactly that.

-Doug

> - Jeff

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Vernon D. Cole
Just learning ... perhaps I missed a step with git or something? ...
but trying to follow along on this.  I am trying to build an
IronPython 2.7 which will run on Ubuntu using the stock 2.6.7 mono --
so .NET 2 compatible.

I just built and am running a copy of openSUSE 11.4, so in theory I
have a good enough mono and compiler, etc.
I believe I have the latest source.
git log gives:
v v v v v
commit a04ffe823a7f21da622044532644157b038b21d8
Author: Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]>
Date:   Wed Mar 23 09:08:15 2011 -0700

    Fixes IronPython CLR2 build.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
My build attempt ends in an error.
Am I doing it wrong, or is something still missing?
v v v v v
vernon@linux-0sza:~/IronLanguages-main/Solutions> xbuild
IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration=¨v2Release¨
XBuild Engine Version 2.8.2.0
Mono, Version 2.8.2.0
Copyright (C) Marek Sieradzki 2005-2008, Novell 2008-2009.
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:
warning : Project file
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Hosts/SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:
warning : Project file
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Hosts/SilverLight/Chiron/Chiron.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.

Build started 3/23/2011 12:25:50 PM.
Project "/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln"
(default target(s)):

        Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln: error :
Invalid solution configuration and platform: "¨v2Release¨|Any CPU".
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Do I need to update mono to 2.10 on openSUSI, too?
--
Vernon

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 4) You don't need to do this. Use IronPython.Mono.sln to build IronPython and IronRuby.sln to build IronRuby. Those 2 solutions should work on Mono. DLR is built by both as it is a dependency. No need to build Dlr.sln: it includes both languages plus additional test projects  - as you noticed some of the test assemblies are not buildable on Mono yet.
>
> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
It seems like your quotes are weird:

/p:Configuration=¨v2Release¨

Try use w/o quotes. Also, Mono 2.8 xbuild might not be able to build the solution due to bugs in xbuild. Mono 2.10 should be fine.

Tomas

Author: Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]>
Date:   Wed Mar 23 09:08:15 2011 -0700

    Fixes IronPython CLR2 build.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
My build attempt ends in an error.
Am I doing it wrong, or is something still missing?
v v v v v
vernon@linux-0sza:~/IronLanguages-main/Solutions> xbuild IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration=¨v2Release¨ XBuild Engine Version 2.8.2.0 Mono, Version 2.8.2.0 Copyright (C) Marek Sieradzki 2005-2008, Novell 2008-2009.
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:
warning : Project file
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Hosts/SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:
warning : Project file
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Hosts/SilverLight/Chiron/Chiron.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.

Build started 3/23/2011 12:25:50 PM.
Project "/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln"
(default target(s)):

        Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
/home/vernon/IronLanguages-main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln: error :
Invalid solution configuration and platform: "¨v2Release¨|Any CPU".
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Do I need to update mono to 2.10 on openSUSI, too?
--
Vernon

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 4) You don't need to do this. Use IronPython.Mono.sln to build IronPython and IronRuby.sln to build IronRuby. Those 2 solutions should work on Mono. DLR is built by both as it is a dependency. No need to build Dlr.sln: it includes both languages plus additional test projects  - as you noticed some of the test assemblies are not buildable on Mono yet.
>
> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Doug Blank
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> " However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work right now"
>
> This should be fixed now.

Do we need to change the IronPython.Mono.sln too? Looking through
Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln, I only see Debug and Release
configurations (and those both work great).

I'm new to git, so maybe I have the wrong code, but I'm getting an
error on "v2Release" and "v2Debug":

# yesterday:
$ git clone https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git
$ cd main
# today:
$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 27, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (14/14), done.
From https://github.com/IronLanguages/main
   4e7a828..a04ffe8  master     -> origin/master
Updating 4e7a828..a04ffe8
Fast-forward
 .../IronPython/IronPython/Runtime/PythonTuple.cs   |    2 +-
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Math/BigIntegerV2.cs     |   16 +++++++++++++++-
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Math/BigIntegerV4.cs     |   10 +++++++---
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Utils/MathUtils.cs       |   12 ++++++------
$ git status
# On branch master
nothing to commit (working directory clean)
$ xbuild Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"
Project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln" (default target(s)):
        Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln: error : Invalid solution
configuration and platform: "v2Release|Any CPU".
        Task "Error" execution -- FAILED
        Done building target "ValidateSolutionConfiguration" in project
"/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED
Done building project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.

-Doug

> Tomas

I see, I guess I forgot to add these configs to IronPython.Mono.sln. But they shoud certainly be there.

Tomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> " However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work right now"
>
> This should be fixed now.

Do we need to change the IronPython.Mono.sln too? Looking through Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln, I only see Debug and Release configurations (and those both work great).

I'm new to git, so maybe I have the wrong code, but I'm getting an error on "v2Release" and "v2Debug":

# yesterday:
$ git clone https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git
$ cd main
# today:
$ git pull
remote: Counting objects: 27, done.
remote: Total 14 (delta 11), reused 0 (delta 0) Unpacking objects: 100% (14/14), done.
From https://github.com/IronLanguages/main
   4e7a828..a04ffe8  master     -> origin/master
Updating 4e7a828..a04ffe8
Fast-forward
 .../IronPython/IronPython/Runtime/PythonTuple.cs   |    2 +-
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Math/BigIntegerV2.cs     |   16 +++++++++++++++-
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Math/BigIntegerV4.cs     |   10 +++++++---
 Runtime/Microsoft.Dynamic/Utils/MathUtils.cs       |   12 ++++++------
 4 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-) $ git status # On branch master nothing to commit (working directory clean) $ xbuild Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"
Project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln" (default target(s)):
        Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln: error : Invalid solution configuration and platform: "v2Release|Any CPU".
        Task "Error" execution -- FAILED
        Done building target "ValidateSolutionConfiguration" in project
"/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED Done building project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.

-Doug

> Tomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see, I guess I forgot to add these configs to IronPython.Mono.sln. But they shoud certainly be there.

Ok. I tried but couldn't guess my way to a working system. Can you add
them, or should an issue be filed?

Thanks!

-Doug

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
I'll add them.

Tomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see, I guess I forgot to add these configs to IronPython.Mono.sln. But they shoud certainly be there.

Ok. I tried but couldn't guess my way to a working system. Can you add them, or should an issue be filed?

Thanks!

-Doug

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
Done.

Tomas

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see, I guess I forgot to add these configs to IronPython.Mono.sln. But they shoud certainly be there.

Ok. I tried but couldn't guess my way to a working system. Can you add them, or should an issue be filed?

Thanks!

-Doug

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Doug Blank
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Done.

Thanks! Having some issues under Mono 2.10 with
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, and
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.

Here is my output, with a fresh IronPython git main. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone builds IronPython 2.7 for .NET 2.0 under Windows and
wants to make the binaries available, that would be useful to see if
those work on Mono as well.

-Doug

$ xbuild Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"
XBuild Engine Version 2.10.1.0
Mono, Version 2.10.1.0
Copyright (C) Marek Sieradzki 2005-2008, Novell 2008-2011.

Build started 3/24/2011 12:49:58 PM.
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:  warning : Project file
/tmp/main/Hosts/SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:  warning : Project file
/tmp/main/Hosts/SilverLight/Chiron/Chiron.csproj referenced in the
solution file, not found. Ignoring.
Project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln" (default target(s)):
        Target ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
                Building solution configuration "v2Release|Any CPU".
        Target Build:
                Project "/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata/Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata.csproj"
(default target(s)):
                        Target PrepareForBuild:
                                Configuration: v2Release Platform: AnyCPU
                        Target GenerateSatelliteAssemblies:
                        No input files were specified for target
GenerateSatelliteAssemblies, skipping.
                        Target CoreCompile:
                        Skipping target "CoreCompile" because its outputs are up-to-date.
                Done building project
"/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata/Microsoft.Scripting.Metadata.csproj".
                Project "/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Core/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.csproj"
(default target(s)):
                        Target PrepareForBuild:
                                Configuration: v2Release Platform: AnyCPU
                        Target GenerateSatelliteAssemblies:
                        No input files were specified for target
GenerateSatelliteAssemblies, skipping.
                        Target CoreCompile:
                                Tool /opt/bin/gmcs execution started with arguments: /noconfig
/debug:full /keyfile:/tmp/main/Solutions//Key.snk /optimize+
/out:obj/v2Release/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.dll Actions/CallInfo.cs
Actions/CallSiteOps.cs Actions/IInvokeOnGetBinder.cs
Actions/InvokeMemberBinder.cs Actions/BinaryOperationBinder.cs
Actions/CallSite.cs Actions/CallSiteBinder.cs
Actions/CallSiteHelpers.cs Actions/ConvertBinder.cs
Actions/DeleteIndexBinder.cs Actions/DynamicObject.cs
Actions/ExpandoObject.cs Actions/ExpandoClass.cs
Actions/GetIndexBinder.cs Actions/CreateInstanceBinder.cs
Actions/DeleteMemberBinder.cs Actions/GetMemberBinder.cs
Actions/IDynamicMetaObjectProvider.cs Actions/InvokeBinder.cs
Actions/DynamicMetaObject.cs Actions/DynamicMetaObjectBinder.cs
Actions/BindingRestrictions.cs Actions/RuleCache.cs
Actions/SetIndexBinder.cs Actions/SetMemberBinder.cs
Ast/Expression.DebuggerProxy.cs Ast/IArgumentProvider.cs
Ast/ListArgumentProvider.cs Actions/UnaryOperationBinder.cs
Ast/ExpressionStringBuilder.cs Compiler/BoundConstants.cs
Ast/DebugInfoExpression.cs Ast/SymbolDocumentInfo.cs
Compiler/DelegateHelpers.cs Compiler/DelegateHelpers.Generated.cs
Ast/GotoExpression.cs Compiler/LabelInfo.cs Compiler/AnalyzedTree.cs
Compiler/OffsetTrackingILGenerator.cs Compiler/RuntimeVariableList.cs
Actions/UpdateDelegates.Generated.cs Ast/DynamicExpression.cs
Ast/BinaryExpression.cs Ast/BlockExpression.cs Ast/CatchBlock.cs
Ast/ConditionalExpression.cs Ast/ConstantExpression.cs
Ast/DefaultExpression.cs Ast/ElementInit.cs Ast/Expression.cs
Ast/ExpressionType.cs Ast/IndexExpression.cs
Ast/InvocationExpression.cs Ast/LabelTarget.cs Ast/LabelExpression.cs
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs Ast/ListInitExpression.cs
Ast/RuntimeVariablesExpression.cs Ast/LoopExpression.cs
Ast/MemberAssignment.cs Ast/MemberBinding.cs Ast/MemberExpression.cs
Ast/MemberInitExpression.cs Ast/MemberListBinding.cs
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs Ast/MethodCallExpression.cs
Ast/NewArrayExpression.cs Ast/NewExpression.cs
Ast/ParameterExpression.cs Ast/SwitchCase.cs Ast/SwitchExpression.cs
Ast/TryExpression.cs Ast/TypeBinaryExpression.cs Ast/TypeUtils.cs
Ast/UnaryExpression.cs Compiler/Closure.cs
Compiler/CompilerScope.Storage.cs Compiler/CompilerScope.cs
Compiler/ConstantCheck.cs Compiler/ExpressionQuoter.cs
Ast/ExpressionVisitor.cs Ast/DebugViewWriter.cs
Compiler/HoistedLocals.cs Compiler/KeyedQueue.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Address.cs Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Binary.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.ControlFlow.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Expressions.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Generated.cs Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Lambda.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Logical.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Statements.cs Compiler/LambdaCompiler.Unary.cs
Compiler/LambdaCompiler.cs Compiler/DebugInfoGenerator.cs
Compiler/Set.cs Compiler/StackSpiller.Bindings.cs
Compiler/StackSpiller.Generated.cs Compiler/StackSpiller.Temps.cs
Compiler/StackSpiller.cs Compiler/SymbolDocumentGenerator.cs
Compiler/VariableBinder.cs Compiler/AssemblyGen.cs Compiler/ILGen.cs
GlobalSuppressions.cs Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs Utils/Action.cs
Utils/CacheDict.cs Utils/CollectionExtensions.cs
Utils/ContractUtils.cs Utils/ExceptionFactory.Generated.cs
Utils/Function.cs Utils/Helpers.cs Utils/IRuntimeVariables.cs
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs Utils/ReadOnlyDictionary.cs
Utils/ReferenceEqualityComparer.cs Utils/TrueReadOnlyCollection.cs
Utils/TypeExtensions.cs Stubs.cs /target:library /warnaserror+
/define:"TRACE;CLR2" /nowarn:1591
/doc:/tmp/main/Solutions/../bin/v2Release/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.XML
/reference:/opt/lib/mono/2.0/System.dll
/reference:/opt/lib/mono/2.0/System.Configuration.dll
/reference:/opt/lib/mono/2.0/System.Core.dll /warn:4 /warnaserror-:618
Ast/ElementInit.cs(108,35): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ElementInit(System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/Expression.cs(160,47): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.VisitChildren(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ExpressionVisitor)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Func{Expression,
Expression}'
Ast/Expression.cs(232,21): error CS1574: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.DumpExpression(System.IO.TextWriter)'
has cref attribute `TextWriter' that could not be resolved
Ast/Expression.cs(232,21): error CS1574: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.DumpExpression(System.IO.TextWriter)'
has cref attribute `TextWriter' that could not be resolved
Ast/IndexExpression.cs(181,39): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ArrayAccess(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{Expression}'
Ast/IndexExpression.cs(343,39): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Property(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Reflection.PropertyInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(276,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has
syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(276,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has
syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(288,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has
syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(288,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has
syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(336,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(336,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(336,45): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(370,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(381,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(415,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(427,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, bool,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(438,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(450,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(484,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, string,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(500,40): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, string, bool,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(145,42): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(181,42): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(226,42): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ElementInit>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(226,42): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ElementInit>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(89,43): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MemberInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(109,43): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding[])' has syntactically
incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(124,43): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(165,37): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(183,37): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.Reflection.MemberInfo>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(183,37): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.Reflection.MemberInfo>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(199,37): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
params System.Reflection.MemberInfo[])' has syntactically incorrect
cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(180,25): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression<TDelegate>' has syntactically
incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/RuntimeVariablesExpression.cs(36,25): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.RuntimeVariablesExpression' has syntactically
incorrect cref attribute `IList{IStrongBox}'
Ast/MemberBinding.cs(39,9): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBindingType.ListBinding' has
syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`System.Collections.Generic.ICollection{T}'
Ast/ExpressionVisitor.cs(367,47): error CS1584: XML comment on
`Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ExpressionVisitor.VisitLambda<T>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression<T>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression<T>'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(139,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Insert(int,
T)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(139,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Insert(int,
T)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(157,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.RemoveAt(int)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(193,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Add(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(193,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Add(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(204,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Clear()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(217,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Contains(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(217,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Contains(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(217,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Contains(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(242,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.CopyTo(T[],
int)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(242,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.CopyTo(T[],
int)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(257,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Remove(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(257,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Remove(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(257,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Remove(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(257,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Remove(T)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(275,31): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.GetEnumerator()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerator{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(380,21): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Reverse()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(401,20): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.ToArray()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(401,20): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.ToArray()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute
`ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(413,38): error CS1584: XML comment
on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.ToReadOnlyCollection()'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `ReadOnlyCollection{T}'
[...]
                        Task "Csc" execution -- FAILED
                        Done building target "CoreCompile" in project
"/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Core/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.csproj".--
FAILED
                Done building project
"/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Core/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.csproj".--
FAILED
        Task "MSBuild" execution -- FAILED
        Done building target "Build" in project
"/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED
Done building project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
It seems that we just need to disable XML warning in Microsoft.System.Core project.

Tomas

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Done.

Thanks! Having some issues under Mono 2.10 with Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, and System.Runtime.CompilerServices.

Here is my output, with a fresh IronPython git main. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone builds IronPython 2.7 for .NET 2.0 under Windows and wants to make the binaries available, that would be useful to see if those work on Mono as well.

-Doug

$ xbuild Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"
XBuild Engine Version 2.10.1.0
Mono, Version 2.10.1.0
Copyright (C) Marek Sieradzki 2005-2008, Novell 2008-2011.

Build started 3/24/2011 12:49:58 PM.
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:  warning : Project file /tmp/main/Hosts/SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.SilverLight/Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight.csproj
referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.
/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln:  warning : Project file /tmp/main/Hosts/SilverLight/Chiron/Chiron.csproj referenced in the solution file, not found. Ignoring.
[...]
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(288,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(288,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression[])' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(299,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(311,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(323,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(336,45): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda<TDelegate>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
[...]
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(381,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(415,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(427,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(438,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(450,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression,
string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(484,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, string, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(500,40): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.Lambda(System.Type,
Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression, string, bool, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ParameterExpression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(145,42): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(181,42): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(226,42): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ElementInit>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/ListInitExpression.cs(226,42): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.ListInit(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.NewExpression,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ElementInit>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(89,43): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MemberInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(109,43): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
params Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding[])' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/MemberMemberBinding.cs(124,43): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.MemberBind(System.Reflection.MethodInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBinding>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(165,37): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(183,37): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.Reflection.MemberInfo>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(183,37): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.Reflection.MemberInfo>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/NewExpression.cs(199,37): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression.New(System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo,
System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression>,
params System.Reflection.MemberInfo[])' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IEnumerable{T}'
Ast/LambdaExpression.cs(180,25): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression<TDelegate>' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression{TDelegate}'
Ast/RuntimeVariablesExpression.cs(36,25): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.RuntimeVariablesExpression' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `IList{IStrongBox}'
Ast/MemberBinding.cs(39,9): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.MemberBindingType.ListBinding' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `System.Collections.Generic.ICollection{T}'
Ast/ExpressionVisitor.cs(367,47): error CS1584: XML comment on `Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.ExpressionVisitor.VisitLambda<T>(Microsoft.Scripting.Ast.Expression<T>)'
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `Expression<T>'
Utils/ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder.cs(139,21): error CS1584: XML comment on `System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder<T>.Insert(int,
T)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
[...]
int)' has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `ReadOnlyCollectionBuilder{T}'
> [...]
has syntactically incorrect cref attribute `ReadOnlyCollection{T}'
                        Task "Csc" execution -- FAILED
                        Done building target "CoreCompile" in project
"/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Core/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.csproj".--
FAILED
                Done building project
"/tmp/main/Runtime/Microsoft.Scripting.Core/Microsoft.Scripting.Core.csproj".--
FAILED
        Task "MSBuild" execution -- FAILED
        Done building target "Build" in project
"/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED Done building project "/tmp/main/Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln".-- FAILED

Build FAILED.

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems that we just need to disable XML warning in Microsoft.System.Core project.

Ok. If you can provide a bit more information about this, I'll take a
stab, or report an issue in the tracker. It sounds like support for
IronPython 2.7 using the 2.0 framework under Mono is getting close!

-Doug

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Tomas Matousek
It's fixed - a trivial change:

https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/commit/a8d9bc96aefcdb30bfd93a091b60ffb8fa4a8e4a

Tomas

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Tomas Matousek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems that we just need to disable XML warning in Microsoft.System.Core project.

Ok. If you can provide a bit more information about this, I'll take a stab, or report an issue in the tracker. It sounds like support for IronPython 2.7 using the 2.0 framework under Mono is getting close!

-Doug

> Tomas

Re: Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Doug Blank
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Tomas Matousek
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's fixed - a trivial change:
>
> https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/commit/a8d9bc96aefcdb30bfd93a091b60ffb8fa4a8e4a

Excellent! IronPython 3.0 (trunk) with .NET framework 2.0 *builds* and
*runs* great under Mono 2.10. And it seems to *run* great under Mono
2.6.7 as well! It does NOT build under Mono 2.6.7, but I suspect that
many mono build issues between 2.6.7 and 2.10 have been fixed.

Three easy steps:

1) git clone https://github.com/IronLanguages/main.git IronPython
2) cd IronPython
3) xbuild Solutions/IronPython.Mono.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"

Thanks for this work, Tomas (and everyone else, too)!

-Doug

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Doug Blank <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excellent! IronPython 3.0 (trunk) with .NET framework 2.0 *builds* and
> *runs* great under Mono 2.10. And it seems to *run* great under Mono
> 2.6.7 as well! It does NOT build under Mono 2.6.7, but I suspect that
> many mono build issues between 2.6.7 and 2.10 have been fixed.

When I get a chance I'll cherry-pick those changes onto the
ipy-2.7-maint branch as well. There's not much difference now, but
they will diverge quite a bit in the future.

- Jeff

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Doug Blank <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Excellent! IronPython 3.0 (trunk) with .NET framework 2.0 *builds* and
>> *runs* great under Mono 2.10. And it seems to *run* great under Mono
>> 2.6.7 as well! It does NOT build under Mono 2.6.7, but I suspect that
>> many mono build issues between 2.6.7 and 2.10 have been fixed.
>
> When I get a chance I'll cherry-pick those changes onto the
> ipy-2.7-maint branch as well. There's not much difference now, but
> they will diverge quite a bit in the future.

Thanks!

BTW, IronRuby also builds under Mono 2.10 with the 2.0 framework and
so runs under Mono 2.6.7, so we have a complete DLR set for Mono.

xbuild Solutions/Ruby.sln /p:Configuration="v2Release"

I've also been updating the wiki to keep it up to date:

http://ironpython.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=IronPython%20on%20Mono

Let me know if you have suggestions, or corrections.

-Doug