Re: [CEDET-devel] python

Andreas Röhler
Eric M. Ludlam wrote:

>>> Probably off topic, but just in case you are not aware of, *ropemacs*
>>> supports Python very well under Emacs.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> poppyer
>>>
>> Well... Could you redirect me to a more suitable mailing list then?
>>
>> I do have and actively use pymacs/ropemacs, but wouldn`t it be better
>> to use a single
>> system for various languages? Consistency is important, after all.
>>
>   [ ... ]
>
> Hi,
>
>   I'm not that familiar with Python or pymacs/ropemacs.  If these
> tools provide some sort of file parsing, tag searching feature, then
> they could plug into the back-end of the semantic parsing/searching
> tools.
>
>   The ideal is that any tool that can supply tagging information would
> plug into CEDET.  Then anyone who has a cool completion UI idea would
> implement it on top of CEDET.  In that way the users would get the
> best of the tagging and their favorite completion UI styles instead of
> having something slightly different for every language they use.
>
>   If someone wants to tackle a project of improving the python support
> I'd be happy to help.
>
> Eric

Hi Eric, hi Vladimir, hi all,

I'm taking part in developing python-mode.el, which has a mailing-list
at its own, (see cc)
its run by Barry Warsaw.

python-mode.el is designed for all Emacsen.

We take interest in any python-related topic with Emacs.

So please feel free to cc or adress us with your questions,
even if not python-mode.el specific.

Thanks

Andreas Röhler

--
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode/python-mode.el/files
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

Re: [CEDET-devel] python

Eric M. Ludlam
>>> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_R=F6hler?= <[hidden email]> seems to think that:

>>> Well... Could you redirect me to a more suitable mailing list then?
>>>
>>> I do have and actively use pymacs/ropemacs, but wouldn`t it be better
>>> to use a single
>>> system for various languages? Consistency is important, after all.
>>>
>>   [ ... ]
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>   I'm not that familiar with Python or pymacs/ropemacs.  If these
>> tools provide some sort of file parsing, tag searching feature, then
>> they could plug into the back-end of the semantic parsing/searching
>> tools.
>>
>>   The ideal is that any tool that can supply tagging information would
>> plug into CEDET.  Then anyone who has a cool completion UI idea would
>> implement it on top of CEDET.  In that way the users would get the
>> best of the tagging and their favorite completion UI styles instead of
>> having something slightly different for every language they use.
>>
>>   If someone wants to tackle a project of improving the python support
>> I'd be happy to help.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>Hi Eric, hi Vladimir, hi all,
>
>I'm taking part in developing python-mode.el, which has a mailing-list
>at its own, (see cc)
>its run by Barry Warsaw.
>
>python-mode.el is designed for all Emacsen.
>
>We take interest in any python-related topic with Emacs.
>
>So please feel free to cc or adress us with your questions,
>even if not python-mode.el specific.
  [ ... ]

Thanks for the info.  I saw posts on emacs-devel about various issues
with python-mode.el integration.  CEDET is also due to be integrated
Emacs at some future date.

As I mentioned in the message you replied to, I don't use python, but
am happy to help if someone working on CEDET/Python integration.
There are a pretty wide range of features in CEDET that can be
customized for different languages.  Some of them are bound to be
useful with Python.  It just takes someone with the right domain
knowledge to do it.

Thanks
Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                       [hidden email]
   Siege: www.siege-engine.com          Emacs: http://cedet.sourceforge.net

Re: [CEDET-devel] python

Barry Warsaw