Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Carl Trachte
2009/8/19 kirby urner <[hidden email]>:
> كيربي Urner 's CP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.

> """
> More and more, Python is making inroads at all levels in education.
> Python offers an interactive environment in which to explore
> procedural, functional and object oriented approaches to problem
> solving. أكثر وأكثر ، بيثون تحرز تقدما على جميع المستويات في مجال
> التعليم. بيثون عروض تفاعلية البيئة التي لاستكشاف الإجرائية والفنية
> وجوه النهج الموجهة نحو حل المشاكل. Its high level data structures and
> clear syntax make it an ideal first language, while the large number
> of existing libraries make it suitable to tackle almost any
> programming tasks. ارتفاع البيانات على مستوى الهياكل وتركيب واضح جعله
> مثاليا اللغة الأولى ، في حين أن عددا كبيرا من المكتبات الموجودة جعلها
> مناسبة للتعامل مع أي برمجة المهام تقريبا.
>
> Edu-sig, through its mailing list , provides an informal venue for
> comparing notes and discussing future possibilities for Python in
> education. ايدو - سيج ، من خلال قائمة البريد الإلكتروني ، ويوفر مكانا
> غير رسمي لمقارنة الملاحظات ومناقشة امكانيات بيثون في المستقبل في مجال
> التعليم. Its origins trace to Guido van Rossum's pioneering Computer
> Programming for Everybody (CP4E) , a grant proposal accepted by DARPA,
> and which provided a modicum of funding in 1999. تتبع أصولها إلى غيدو
> فان Rossum الرائد الكل لبرمجة الحاسوب (CP4E) ، ومنحة مقترح DARPA قبلها
> ، والتي توفر حدا أدنى من التمويل في عام 1999.
>
> Membership includes, but is not limited to, educators using Python in
> their courses, independent developers, and authors of educational
> materials. Discussion focuses on Python use at all levels, from
> beginning to advanced applications. تضم في عضويتها ، على سبيل المثال
> لا الحصر ، والمربين باستخدام بيثون في مناهجها ، والمطورين المستقلين ،
> والمؤلفين من المواد التعليمية. بيثون مناقشة تركز على استخدام على جميع
> المستويات ، من اوله الى التطبيقات المتقدمة.
>
> كيربي Urner 'sCP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.
> """
>
> My apologies to those not getting the right unicode translation.  I'm
> thinking on a diversity list, we should expect more stuff like this,
> not less, over time.
>
> Kirby

With the caveat that I don't understand Arabic script, it looks legit
on my gmail on FreeBSD 7.2/KDE/Opera.

May I make a suggestion?  Can we change the topic to something like
what I changed it to above and start a new thread?  I got a bit
confused as the previous thread has a long history.

Apologies if I've misinterpreted the thread and the topic.  Please
feel free to change it to its true meaning.

Thanks a ton.

Carl T.

Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Taghrid Khuri
Kirby, thanks for including me here, and Carl it does read legit..
I was wondering so thanks Kirby for telling me the translation was derived from
the Google translating robot..
Wow I'm in awe.. This is so more real that I thought ..
I feel the responsibility, also the possibilities..

Thanks again and best wishes,

Tag

--
Taghrid Khuri, Ph.D
Development, Gender & Management Consultant

Change doesn't just happen. We collectively make it happen (AWID).

Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Rami Chowdhury
Just +1 to say that in OS X 10.4 Mail it looks fine -- I've read some
bilingual magazines (mostly in the UAE) and it looks like that :-)

Thanks for posting this to Diversity, by the way -- outreach work
like this is, I think, certainly relevant.

-------------
Rami Chowdhury
"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)

On Aug 19, 2009, at 21:08 , Carl Trachte wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> كيربي Urner 'sCP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون
>> دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.
>> """
>>
>> My apologies to those not getting the right unicode translation.  I'm
>> thinking on a diversity list, we should expect more stuff like this,
>> not less, over time.
>>
>> Kirby
>>

> With the caveat that I don't understand Arabic script, it looks legit
> on my gmail on FreeBSD 7.2/KDE/Opera.
>
> May I make a suggestion?  Can we change the topic to something like
> what I changed it to above and start a new thread?  I got a bit
> confused as the previous thread has a long history.
>
> Apologies if I've misinterpreted the thread and the topic.  Please
> feel free to change it to its true meaning.
>
> Thanks a ton.
>
> Carl T.

Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Steve Holden-5
I confess I am posting his to verify my mail channel round-trips the
text correctly. It's encouraging to observe this "just happens" in more
and more cases as time goes by.

regards
 Steve

Rami Chowdhury wrote:

> [...]
>>> والمؤلفين من المواد التعليمية. بيثون مناقشة تركز على استخدام على جميع
>>> المستويات ، من اوله الى التطبيقات المتقدمة.
>>>
>>> كيربي Urner 'sCP4E الموارد البرمجة بيثون دمج مواضيع في الرياضيات.
>>> """
>>>
>>> My apologies to those not getting the right unicode translation.  I'm
>>> thinking on a diversity list, we should expect more stuff like this,
>>> not less, over time.
>>>
>>> Kirby
>>>

>> With the caveat that I don't understand Arabic script, it looks legit
>> on my gmail on FreeBSD 7.2/KDE/Opera.
>>
>> May I make a suggestion?  Can we change the topic to something like
>> what I changed it to above and start a new thread?  I got a bit
>> confused as the previous thread has a long history.
>>
>> Apologies if I've misinterpreted the thread and the topic.  Please
>> feel free to change it to its true meaning.

Steve Holden           +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Watch PyCon on video now!          http://pycon.blip.tv/

Re: [Diversity] Unicode and Ed Initiatives

Mokurai
 Kirby is right. I have been talking about the need to be aware of the
multiplicity of writing systems and prepared to adapt to their use
since I wrote a market research study on Unicode use worldwide in
1994.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/