Re: [IPython-User] Status of ipython.el and relationship with python-mode.el

Re: [IPython-User] Status of ipython.el and relationship with python-mode.el

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 16.02.2012 20:35, schrieb rosoloum:

> In reading this thread in StackOverflow:
> "IPython Emacs Integration":
> I learned that ipython.el is known to be out of date, and that the IPython
> community is working on a fix. More specifically the accepted answer in
> StackOverflow points to this other thread in github:
> "Emacs freezes when tab is hit in ipython with latest python-mode":

some remarks being one of the python-mode.el developers and definitly
the cupable having merged the ipython.el stuff - thanks a lot to the
ipython.el people BTW.

The idea is to provide a solution already for the Emacs beginner, taking
the need for several customizations, loading across the net etc.
A Python-mode should assist all common flavors of Python right from the

Think we should be able to keep the modes compatible. Should you have
suggestions, how to design python-mode.el in order to meet your needs,
it's welcome.

Please send your suggestions, bug reports etc.

Certainly we will fix bugs when being aware of a report at other places too.

Should people want to CC me with (i)python-mode related stuff from other
places, that's okay for me, might be helpful too.