Re: More interactive python

Andreas Röhler
Andrea Crotti wrote:
> For some reasons I've never been able to write to python-mode (via
> gmane+gnus) so I'll write it here...

Hi Andrea,

you should not encounter difficulties posting to this list:

I'll forward this message meanwhile.

> It would be nice to have something like
> - execute current function (asking for argument if needed)
> - generate doc string (doesn't make sense to write it manually)
>
> and so on.
>
> I've found something but I had some problems and it was using pymacs.
>
> Pymacs is really nice but apparently in a dead state, so maybe it's
> better to not count too much on it...

Think some people are interested in, me too.

Might be helpful, if you make some bug reports.

tracker is here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode

It's the right place for feature requests too.

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

> Is there something already, or maybe do you have any hints on where to
> start to do it??
> Thanks

Re: More interactive python

Andreas Röhler
Andrea Crotti wrote:

> Andreas Röhler <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Andrea Crotti wrote:
>>
>> I'll forward this message meanwhile.
>
> Well I have no idea, I'm already subscribed
> An attempt was made to subscribe your address to the mailing list
> [hidden email].  You are already subscribed to this mailing list.
>
> But every time I try to send something I only get an error saying I'm
> not authorized, I already tried enough times for my patience unfortunately...

Looks like your adress when sending is another as the one subscribed for. Checking your mailers send-adress, when composing a mail should solve it.

>> Think some people are interested in, me too.
>>
>> Might be helpful, if you make some bug reports.
>>
>> tracker is here:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode
>>
>> It's the right place for feature requests too.
>>

> Thanks a lot,
> Bug submitted:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/517311

See it, thanks.

BTW, do you use IPython  -- An enhanced Interactive Python?

Thats one of the most useful tools IMHO resp. Python and Emacs.

Cheers