Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

Richard Jones-7
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM, craf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> These talks are supported in some format?, to see if you can not attend

Sometimes the presenters will upload their slides and link them to the
wiki, but not often.

We're looking into being able to record the meetings.

     Richard

Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

craf-2

>On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM, craf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> These talks are supported in some format?, to see if you can not attend

>Sometimes the presenters will upload their slides and link them to the
>wiki, but not often.

>We're looking into being able to record the meetings.

 >    Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.

Cristian

Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

Alec Clews

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Alec Clews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can I get a 20 min slot in the meeting?

Looks like it - sign yourself up in the wiki!

> I'd like to quickly shoot through an outline presentation/workshop I am
> giving at Linux Users Victoria Beginner's Workshop later in May,
>
> I am not a Python programmer but I'm presenting a 2-3 hour workshop for
> programming neophytes and currently I think Python is the language of
> choice.
>
> Looking for feedback and suggestions on my approach.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alec
>
> On 28/04/11 23:29, craf wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM, craf <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> These talks are supported in some format?, to see if you can not attend
>>
>>> Sometimes the presenters will upload their slides and link them to the
>>> wiki, but not often.
>>
>>> We're looking into being able to record the meetings.
>>

>>  >    Richard
>>
>> Hi Richard
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>

> - --
> Alec Clews
> Personal <[hidden email]>                  Melbourne, Australia
> Jabber:  [hidden email]                   PGPKey ID: 0x9BBBFC7C
> Blog  http://alecthegeek.wordpress.com/

Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

Javier Candeira
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Richard Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Alec Clews <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Can I get a 20 min slot in the meeting?
>
> Looks like it - sign yourself up in the wiki!

Yeah, I can do mine in June (but I am finishing it this weekend anyway).

Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

Graeme Cross
Hi all.

Apologies in advance: I won't be at tomorrow night's meeting; became a
dad again on Friday night, so life here is chaotic but good :)

A couple of things that are worth a look:

1. There's a new version of PyPy out, with Python 2.7 support, speed
improvements and lots of other interesting changes. Well worth a look

http://pypy.org/

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2011/04/pypy-15-released-catching-up.html

2. Jesse Noller has a great blog write-up about some new Python docs. If
you tend to only ever read the documentation when you are stuck, you
might find Jesse's write-up to be worth a read (and it reminded me to
revisit the awesome "collections" module):

http://jessenoller.com/2011/04/30/have-you-read-your-python-docs-lately/

Cheers
Graeme

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:32 +1000, "Richard Jones"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Alec Clews <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Can I get a 20 min slot in the meeting?
>
> Looks like it - sign yourself up in the wiki!
>

> > I'd like to quickly shoot through an outline presentation/workshop I am
> > giving at Linux Users Victoria Beginner's Workshop later in May,
> >
> > I am not a Python programmer but I'm presenting a 2-3 hour workshop for
> > programming neophytes and currently I think Python is the language of
> > choice.
> >
> > Looking for feedback and suggestions on my approach.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Alec

> >>  >    Richard
> >>
> >> Hi Richard
> >>
> >> Thanks for the reply.
> >

> > - --
> > Alec Clews
> > Personal <[hidden email]>                  Melbourne, Australia
> > Jabber:  [hidden email]                   PGPKey ID: 0x9BBBFC7C
> > Blog  http://alecthegeek.wordpress.com/
> > Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
> > Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

Re: Next meeting 6:00pm Monday 2nd of May @ RMIT

Ed Schofield-3
Hi Graeme,

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Graeme Cross <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all.

Apologies in advance: I won't be at tomorrow night's meeting; became a
dad again on Friday night, so life here is chaotic but good :)

Huge congratulations! :D

 A couple of things that are worth a look:

1. There's a new version of PyPy out, with Python 2.7 support, speed
improvements and lots of other interesting changes. Well worth a look

http://pypy.org/

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2011/04/pypy-15-released-catching-up.html

2. Jesse Noller has a great blog write-up about some new Python docs. If
you tend to only ever read the documentation when you are stuck, you
might find Jesse's write-up to be worth a read (and it reminded me to
revisit the awesome "collections" module):

http://jessenoller.com/2011/04/30/have-you-read-your-python-docs-lately/

Thanks for the interesting links!

See you again soon,
    Ed