Re: Triple quoted string problem

Skip Montanaro-3

    When I attempt to fill the docstring's paragraph with the cursor positioned
    in front of Maintain it zaps the space before '"best"' and fails to actually
    fill the paragraph:

        #!/usr/bin/env python

        """
        Maintain the recent"best" price and alert when it remains
        the best price for a user-defined time.
        """

FYI, changing the quoting around the word best from quotation marks to
apostrophes results in correct behavior.

Re: Triple quoted string problem

Barry Warsaw
On Jan 09, 2011, at 12:40 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>    When I attempt to fill the docstring's paragraph with the cursor
>    positioned in front of Maintain it zaps the space before '"best"' and
>    fails to actually fill the paragraph:
>
>        #!/usr/bin/env python
>
>        """
>        Maintain the recent"best" price and alert when it remains
>        the best price for a user-defined time.
>        """
>
>FYI, changing the quoting around the word best from quotation marks to
>apostrophes results in correct behavior.
I can confirm both of these on Emacs 23.2.1.  Please file a bug. :(

-Barry

Re: Triple quoted string problem

Skip Montanaro-3

    Barry> I can confirm both of these on Emacs 23.2.1.  Please file a bug. :(

https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/701175