Re: What text editor is everyone using for Python

Re: What text editor is everyone using for Python

Andreas Röhler-2
Rhodri James wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:56:12 +0100, Bruno Desthuilliers
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Rhodri James a écrit :

>>>  It's the separate python-mode that gets this (and much else) wrong.
>>> The Python mode that Ubuntu packages with emacs 22.2.1 works just
>>> fine.
>>
>> On this point, indeed. But it also lacks almost every nice feature of
>> the One True python-mode (or at least did last time I had to update
>> this ... ubuntu box at work).
>
> That rather depends on your definition of "nice".  The only feature of
> python-mode.el that I miss in python.el is the ability to run pylint from
> the menu,

Thanks mentioning it, I'll cc this to [hidden email]

 and I'll get over that.  The feature that caused me to uninstall
> python-mode.el was its bloody-minded determination to regard '_' as a word
> character, something which caused me more typing that it ever saved.

Its just one line to comment in python-mode.el, like this:

  ;; (modify-syntax-entry ?\_ "w"  py-mode-syntax-table)

Re: What text editor is everyone using for Python

Barry Warsaw
On May 28, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Andreas Roehler wrote:

>> python-mode.el was its bloody-minded determination to regard '_' as
>> a word
>> character, something which caused me more typing that it ever saved.
>>

> Its just one line to comment in python-mode.el, like this:
>
>  ;; (modify-syntax-entry ?\_ "w"  py-mode-syntax-table)

This one is ancient and I remember that Guido and I talked about this
for a long time before settling on the behavior.

-Barry

PGP.sig (849 bytes) Download Attachment