Re: Windows mobile/CE emulator/virtual edition

Re: Windows mobile/CE emulator/virtual edition

Jacob Kruger-3
Well, let's see - this seems to be the only real screen reader/TTS app for
windows mobile out there:
http://codefactory.es/en/downloads.asp?id=348

Got the virtual image of windows mobile running on my work machine, so will
see if this one can run in something like demo mode therein tomorrow, but
anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

Re: Windows mobile/CE emulator/virtual edition

Jacob Kruger-3
Ok, we tried installing the mobileSpeak package I downloaded from the
codeFactory page inside the microsoft device emulator sort of virtual
machine instance of windows mobile 6.0 professional, but it almost seemed
like the combination of the emulator and maybe the screen reader software
were interfering with eaxch other in terms of passing input through to the
operating system or something, so for now have just moved over to actually
installing it on the handset itsself - not sure of which model it is off
hand, but it has both a touch screen interface, along with quite a few keys
etc., so will now just want to get comfortable firstly using the
unit/interface itsself, and will then check out whether/how to make python
output interface usable/testable from my side, but am also busy talking to
local distributors of this screen reader software to get their take on it.

Thanks

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA