Re: cpython: Fix #10854. Make use of the new path and name attributes on ImportError

Re: cpython: Fix #10854. Make use of the new path and name attributes on ImportError

Antoine Pitrou
On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:10:31 +0200
brian.curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> PyErr_SetFromImportErrorWithNameAndPath

Apparently this new function isn't documented anywhere.

Regards

Antoine.

Re: cpython: Fix #10854. Make use of the new path and name attributes on ImportError

Brett Cannon-2

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 07:19, Antoine Pitrou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:10:31 +0200
brian.curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> PyErr_SetFromImportErrorWithNameAndPath

Apparently this new function isn't documented anywhere.

I forgot to write the docs for it when I committed Brian's code.

Brian, do you mind writing the docs for the two functions?

-Brett

Regards

Antoine.

Re: cpython: Fix #10854. Make use of the new path and name attributes on ImportError

Brian Curtin
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 09:52, Brett Cannon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 07:19, Antoine Pitrou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:10:31 +0200
>> brian.curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > PyErr_SetFromImportErrorWithNameAndPath
>>
>> Apparently this new function isn't documented anywhere.
>>

> I forgot to write the docs for it when I committed Brian's code.
>
> Brian, do you mind writing the docs for the two functions?

I'll take care of it today.

Done. http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/5cc8b717b38c

Le lundi 16 avril 2012 à 15:27 -0500, Brian Curtin a écrit :

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 09:54, Brian Curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> I forgot to write the docs for it when I committed Brian's code.
> >>
> >> Brian, do you mind writing the docs for the two functions?
> >
> > I'll take care of it today.
>
> Done. http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/5cc8b717b38c

It would be nice if the refleak behaviour of these functions was
documented too (or, better, fixed, if I'm reading the code correctly;
reference-stealing functions are generally a nuisance).

By the way, why is the naming so complicated?
PyErr_SetImportError() would have sounded explicit enough :)

Regards

Antoine.