Re: wrong documentation? embedding IPython

Re: wrong documentation? embedding IPython

Jiri Machala
From: Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]>

>On 3 January 2017 at 10:17, Jiri Machala <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> embed_class_long.py it doesn't seem to work properly - after exiting
>> instance of InteractiveShellEmbed for the first time, next time it
>> should open it just displays both banner and exit messages and no
>> actual shell opens.
>

>How are you exiting it? It works for me (I get dropped into the embedded shell multiple times).

It happened both when using ^D or typing exit, but I found out, that it was because of using IPython 5.0.0 - when I updated to 5.1.0 , everything started to work ok.
Thank you for your effort.

Jiri Machala
“This e-mail message may contain confidential, commercial or privileged information that constitutes proprietary information of Xura, Inc. or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies and contact us by e-mailing to: [hidden email]. Thank You.”