Quantcast

ReStructured Text Mime Type?

Laura Creighton-2
I'd like to be able to send people ReST files as mail and have them
automatically displayed in their browser.  What mime type should I
call them?  And what should I put in /etc/mailcap to make this work?

Somebody has got to have been here before me. :)

Laura

Re: ReStructured Text Mime Type?

David Goodger
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 00:29, Laura Creighton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to send people ReST files as mail and have them
> automatically displayed in their browser.  What mime type should I
> call them?

PEPs use "text/x-rst" (mentioned in the Docutils FAQ).
I just use .txt filename extensions and rely on default text/plain behavior.

> And what should I put in /etc/mailcap to make this work?

No idea, sorry.

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>