Redirect causing Error in Safari

Dario Heinisch
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing well.

I have encountered a weird bug and I am not sure which components fault it is, I assume something in settings.py.

I have moved from Heroku to my own Debian-Server with my Django Channels App.

When I access my App over my computer with chrome everything works fine.

When I access my app over my computer with Safari only those site works which don’t have an internal Redirect - HttpResponseRedirect(reverse(url)). While on iPhone I get an Protocol Error, on my computer I get an NSPOSIXErrorDomain:100 Error. Also if I try it on iPhone with the chrome browser from the App Store it does not work.

Android users don’t have any issues.

Then I downloaded Andrew Godwin's Multichannels repo and tried it with my ssl-keys. It worked fine (login has a redirect, so I know it works), login on my app does neither work using Safari nor an iPhone/Ipad.

I am starting Daphne as following:
daphne -b 0.0.0.0 -e ssl:8080:privateKey=/home/tsg/privkey.pem:certKey=/home/tsg/fullchain.pem share_game.asgi:application

Do you have any idea what could cause this bug or have you encountered this or something similar before?

Here is my settings.py: https://dpaste.de/HHBz#

Also I am not using Nginx.

I tried this http://timsloan.net/2007/05/safari-and-django-redirects/ but it did not solve my problem.

Click on the ‘house-icon’ in the navbar to test it out.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Dario