Regarding to suggestion for registration page

Regarding to suggestion for registration page

RONAK JAIN
Hello Django developers,

I am trying to redirect my registration page on the home page but, I am not getting when I am trying with a registration page it will work for registration but when I am doing with the home page so I am not getting.

Home Page : localhost:8000

Could you help me out with this problem?

Attached screenshots for Better Understanding please check it out.

urls_file.png (108K) Download Attachment
1-homepage.html page.png (273K) Download Attachment
views.png (236K) Download Attachment
views.py file.png (236K) Download Attachment
homepage.png (868K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding to suggestion for registration page

Smovie Makers Club
return redirect('{{ request.scheme }}://{{ request.get_host }}')
This will redirect to home page

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm RONAK JAIN, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Django developers,

I am trying to redirect my registration page on the home page but, I am not getting when I am trying with a registration page it will work for registration but when I am doing with the home page so I am not getting.

Home Page : localhost:8000

Could you help me out with this problem?

Attached screenshots for Better Understanding please check it out.

Re: Regarding to suggestion for registration page

Ronit Mishra
Hi,

If I've understood your issue correctly, you probably just need to add this lil' snippet in your settings.py

LOGIN_REDIRECT_URL = '/' (or wherever you wanna redirect after login)

Let me know if it works out for you!

Regards,
Ronnie

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 2:40 AM Smovie Makers Club <[hidden email]> wrote:
return redirect('{{ request.scheme }}://{{ request.get_host }}')
This will redirect to home page

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 3:52 pm RONAK JAIN, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Django developers,

I am trying to redirect my registration page on the home page but, I am not getting when I am trying with a registration page it will work for registration but when I am doing with the home page so I am not getting.

Home Page : localhost:8000

Could you help me out with this problem?

Attached screenshots for Better Understanding please check it out.

Re: Regarding to suggestion for registration page

Sipum Mishra
Hey Ronit,

It is very simple.
Just do return redirect ('/name used in url')

If ur url for home page be like,  path('home', views.index, name='home')

Then u hv to write as redirect('/home').

On Tue, 20 Aug, 2019, 9:43 AM Ronit Mishra, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I am trying to redirect my registration page but, I am not getting please check my attached screenshot and please let me know where I am doing wrong...

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM Sipum <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.48.29 AM.png (144K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.50.30 AM.png (125K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.49.26 AM.png (307K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.50.17 AM.png (1M) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.52.48 AM.png (135K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.48.51 AM.png (270K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding to suggestion for registration page

RONAK JAIN
Hey
I tried but still getting like that...

Attached screenshots take a look..

Thanks

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 12:23 PM Tosin Ayoola <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 12.33.32 PM.png (268K) Download Attachment
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 11.58.39 AM.png (240K) Download Attachment

Re: Regarding to suggestion for registration page

Amitesh Sahay
I guess you have forgotten to mention the APP name under which the pages are created. Please cross-verify on my observation .

Regards,
Amitesh Sahay
91-750 797 8619

On Wednesday, 21 August, 2019, 12:35:28 pm IST, RONAK JAIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Gaurav Ravindra Bole
in register method
add user.set_password = request.POST.get('password') before user.save()

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:56 PM 'Amitesh Sahay' via Django users <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hey Ronak,

At first u did wrong in import.

Do as below and compare what u have done.

From django.contrib.auth.models import User
From django.contrib import auth

Then when u are creating user do as-
 user = User.objects.create_user(uanme,pwd,email)

THEN for login after sign up use as below -
auth.login(request, user)

On Thu, 22 Aug, 2019, 10:02 AM 'Gaurav Ravindra Bole' via Django users, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much all of you for your kind of help.

I have done this Task.

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Sipum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Ronak,

At first u did wrong in import.

Do as below and compare what u have done.

From django.contrib.auth.models import User
From django.contrib import auth

[...]

Yeah sure,

I was doing a silly mistake I need to add one more name parameter in HTML form.

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 11:22 AM Sipum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can u plz tell what you have done so we can learn also.

On Thu, 22 Aug, 2019, 11:16 AM RONAK JAIN, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you so much all of you for your kind of help.

I have done this Task.

Thanks

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Sipum <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Ronak,

At first u did wrong in import.

Do as below and compare what u have done.

From django.contrib.auth.models import User
From django.contrib import auth

[...]

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 11.35.46 AM.png (352K) Download Attachment