Release of IPython 5.5 and 6.2 soon

Matthias Bussonnier
Hi all,

I'm close to releasing IPython 5.5 (Python 2.7 and 3.3+) and 6.2 (3.3+ only),
mostly bugfixes, but a couple of new features.

If I've missed some critical bugfix you have ~24h to complain (or send a PR).
I'll likely release Friday afternoon Pacifc Time.

This will likely be the time were I start to think about what IPython
7.x will be, and when master will diverge from the 6.x branch.

We are still actively back-porting bug fixes on the 5.x branch, and
actively fixing them. By end of year we'll stop fixing issues that
only affect the 5.x LTS branch (we'll still be accepting PR against
it), and might not automatically backport patches unless requested (if
the backport apply cleanly). If you haven't migrated to Python 3, we
are encouraging you to do so, and to let us know if you'd like to help
maintain the 5.x branch.

If you have any questions or concern, please let us know.

Matthias