Releasing IPython 7.2 soon. Good occasion to help if you like to get involved.

Releasing IPython 7.2 soon. Good occasion to help if you like to get involved.

Matthias Bussonnier
I'm likely to release IPython 7.2 tomorrow late afternoon (Pacific).
There are a few tasks that only commiters can do, but a number of others where anyone can help (and where help is actually appreciated). I've listed the various steps where you can help even without commit rights (or even w/o github accounts) here:
(i'll also update the issue while I'm releasing)

If you are looking to get involved in IPython/Jupyter, but never found an occasion, or are just curious; feel free to subscribe and tell me what you are willing to help with. If you don't know how to do any of the the tasks or are unsure, I would be happy to guide you through it.

Thanks, and looking forward to your contribution.
--
Matthias

Re: Releasing IPython 7.2 soon. Good occasion to help if you like to get involved.

Chris Barker
I can do the conda-forge update, but not 'till the release is up on PyPi, as it is setup to download from there.

When do you think that might happen?

-CHB

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 9:53 PM Matthias Bussonnier <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm likely to release IPython 7.2 tomorrow late afternoon (Pacific).
There are a few tasks that only commiters can do, but a number of others where anyone can help (and where help is actually appreciated). I've listed the various steps where you can help even without commit rights (or even w/o github accounts) here:
(i'll also update the issue while I'm releasing)

If you are looking to get involved in IPython/Jupyter, but never found an occasion, or are just curious; feel free to subscribe and tell me what you are willing to help with. If you don't know how to do any of the the tasks or are unsure, I would be happy to guide you through it.

Thanks, and looking forward to your contribution.
--
Matthias

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax