Quantcast

Reminder: MPUG this Monday, with a great lineup of speakers

Reminder: MPUG this Monday, with a great lineup of speakers

Tennessee Leeuwenburg-3
Hi all,

This is your somewhat late reminder about this Monday's MPUG meetup (2
April). We have a strong lineup, with pizza and beer (and soft drinks)
to follow. For those who might be coming for the first time, the venue
is right next to Richmond Station, at Inspire 9. (1/41 Stewart Street
in Richmond). Check the MPUG homepage for a map, and a link to the
venue website. We start at 6pm, and I expect we will need to kick the
talks off early in order to give our speakers the time they deserve.

People new to Python are completely welcome. I often get questions
about whether new developers should be coming or not, and the answer
is YES! We are a very welcoming group, and consist of people from all
walks of life and all levels of experience. We'd love to meet you...

The talks we have lined up are as follows:

15 minute talks

   How not to repeat yourself in Django! - Brian May
   PyCon US 2012 Roundup - Andrew Walker

10 minute talks

   An intro to lists, sets and list comprehensions - Graeme Cross
   The NASA International Space Apps Challenge - Pat Sunter

Pizza for this meeting will be provided, sponsored by ekit.

I hope to see you all there!
-Tennessee Leeuwenburg