Rest framework autocomplete

Soumen Khatua
Hi guys,
 I want to implement autocomplete options like if someone type 'a' if it is contains in between any data it should provide the suggestion of the matched words. Then it will return first 25 matched data, how I can do that by using django rest framework. Please help me with source code.

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Soumen

Re: Rest framework autocomplete

Andréas Kühne
Hi,

This is exactly what you do with filtering and pagination? Could you please specify why it doesn't suit your usecase? I need to understand more to actually be able to help you :)

Regards,

Andréas

Den tis 20 aug. 2019 kl 06:56 skrev Soumen Khatua <[hidden email]>:
My query is little bit different suppose I type A in the search box imtjen it should recommend AAA, ABC if they are exist into the database. How I can do that??

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019, 09:33 Abu Yusuf, <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 9:45 AM Soumen Khatua <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,
 I want to implement autocomplete options like if someone type 'a' if it is contains in between any data it should provide the suggestion of the matched words. Then it will return first 25 matched data, how I can do that by using django rest framework. Please help me with source code.

Thank you in advance

Regards,
Soumen

Re: Rest framework autocomplete

Soumen Khatua
Suppose If I'll type 'A' and database contains some sentences as an example AABC, ABC, BCA.It should suggest all the names those are contains A. If I need to javascript then I can configure could you tell me please.

Thank you for your response.

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019, 13:33 DANIEL URBANO DE LA RUA, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ok - so what you need to do is configure the endpoint to use the filters and pagination. Then you need to connect to the backend with javascript and populating the results by adding to the dom.

Here is something that is more or less what you want to do - however you need the backend code to get this to work:

Regards,

Andréas