Restarting servers in development

Abhishek Choudhury
I have been working in Django from quite a long time, but every now and then I face the same issue.
Why is it like whenever I change the CSS/ JS on the pages, it takes some time or restarting of servers to actually take effect. Can we improve this functionality? I am really passionate about Django.

Re: Restarting servers in development

Akinfolarin Stephen
The reason why it is so is because of the browser caching capabilities when the browser see that you are trying to visit a page you visited previously it will load it from the cache if you want it to display the current content press CTRL F5 and you will your newly added content

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020, 17:51 Abhishek Choudhury <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been working in Django from quite a long time, but every now and then I face the same issue.
Why is it like whenever I change the CSS/ JS on the pages, it takes some time or restarting of servers to actually take effect. Can we improve this functionality? I am really passionate about Django.

Re: Restarting servers in development

Abhishek Choudhury
Thanks a lot for the information. Will definitely try.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Choudhury
Ph. no: +91 7903717967

On Mon, 26 Oct, 2020, 10:26 PM Akinfolarin Stephen, <[hidden email]> wrote:
The reason why it is so is because of the browser caching capabilities when the browser see that you are trying to visit a page you visited previously it will load it from the cache if you want it to display the current content press CTRL F5 and you will your newly added content

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020, 17:51 Abhishek Choudhury <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been working in Django from quite a long time, but every now and then I face the same issue.
Why is it like whenever I change the CSS/ JS on the pages, it takes some time or restarting of servers to actually take effect. Can we improve this functionality? I am really passionate about Django.

Re: Restarting servers in development

Abhishek Choudhury
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Choudhury
Ph. no: +91 7903717967