Returning exit code 1 from 'showmigrations' when there are unapplied migrations

Returning exit code 1 from 'showmigrations' when there are unapplied migrations

Paweł Adamczak
Hi,

We've been talking about it internally in my company and wanted to ask about feedback for adding an --exit / --check option (similarly to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-developers/exit$20code|sort:date/django-developers/I3M6B-wYYd8/5sZY30VtlR4J) for showmigrations command that would return status code 1 when there are unapplied migrations.
This seems to be a semi-popular question on StackOverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31838882/check-for-pending-django-migrations) and except for the proposed grep, there seem to be no other solutions.

I'd be happy to do the necessary work if you think it's a good idea.

All best,
Pawel