SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics) @ Pixar!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics) @ Pixar!

Elizabeth Palmore
Software Engineer, Production Engineering
Pixar Animation Studios
Emeryville, CA

Pixar Animation Studios combines creative and technical artistry to  
create original stories in the medium of computer animation. Pixar  
has created six of the most successful and beloved animated films of  
all time: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.,  
Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Pixar has won 18 Academy Awards®  
and its six films have grossed more than $3.2 billion at the  
worldwide box office to date. The Northern California studio will  
release its next film, Cars, on June 9, 2006.

Summary of Position:

This is a software engineering position in the Studio Tools  
Department to help support the existing deployments of Pixar's in-
house movie production software. The primary responsibility of this  
position is to maintain and fix bugs in our proprietary system. This  
is a front line position that requires collaboration with our  
engineering staff, project managers, and production users to maintain  
mission critical software.


  Responsibilities:

• Primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of software  
and/or systems under the guidance of a departmental project lead.
• Works directly with production staff to solve technical challenges  
and debug high priority issues.
• Detailed problem analysis and resolution of issues.
• Triage incoming issues and provide rapid response/resolution.


Qualifications

• Strong software engineering skills with expertise in C and C++
• B.S. degree in computer science, advanced degree preferred.
• 5-7 years of experience in the computer graphics field.
• OpenGL experience preferred.
• Strong 3D math and computer graphics experience
• Linux or UNIX Operating System experience.
• Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with  
long-term quality.
• Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types.
• Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong communication  
skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Excellent tracking and follow through ability
• Desire to provide excellent customer-service to production staff

To apply please go to www.pixar.com. Click on "Company Info" then  
"Jobs." Please submit resume AND cover letter.

Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
 
_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SWE, Production Engineering (3D Computer Graphics) @ Pixar!

Aahz
On Wed, Feb 08, 2006, Elizabeth Palmore wrote:
>
> Software Engineer, Production Engineering
> Pixar Animation Studios
> Emeryville, CA

There does not appear to be any Python-specific requirement for this ad.
Please only post jobs with Python content to the BayPIGgies list.  You
can find our policy at

http://baypiggies.net/jobs.html
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis
_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SWE (3D Computer Graphics) @ Pixar!

Elizabeth Palmore
In reply to this post by Elizabeth Palmore
> Software Engineer, Production Engineering
> Pixar Animation Studios
> Emeryville, CA
>
> Pixar Animation Studios combines creative and technical artistry to  
> create original stories in the medium of computer animation. Pixar  
> has created six of the most successful and beloved animated films  
> of all time: Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc.,  
> Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Pixar has won 18 Academy Awards®  
> and its six films have grossed more than $3.2 billion at the  
> worldwide box office to date. The Northern California studio will  
> release its next film, Cars, on June 9, 2006.
>
> Summary of Position:
>
> This is a software engineering position in the Studio Tools  
> Department to help support the existing deployments of Pixar's in-
> house movie production software. The primary responsibility of this  
> position is to maintain and fix bugs in our proprietary system.  
> This is a front line position that requires collaboration with our  
> engineering staff, project managers, and production users to  
> maintain mission critical software.
>
>
>  Responsibilities:
>
> • Primarily responsible for the maintenance and support of software  
> and/or systems under the guidance of a departmental project lead.
> • Works directly with production staff to solve technical  
> challenges and debug high priority issues.
> • Detailed problem analysis and resolution of issues.
> • Triage incoming issues and provide rapid response/resolution.
>
>
> Qualifications
>
> • B.S. degree in computer science, advanced degree preferred.
> • Strong software engineering skills with expertise in C, C++, and  
> Python
> • OpenGL experience preferred.
> • 5-7 years of experience in the computer graphics field.
> Strong 3D math and computer graphics experience
> • Linux or UNIX Operating System experience.
> • Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with  
> long-term quality.
> • Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types.
> • Must be detail oriented and organized, possess strong  
> communication skills, and be able to handle a variety of tasks in  
> an efficient manner.
> • Excellent tracking and follow through ability
> • Desire to provide excellent customer-service to production staff
>
> To apply please go to www.pixar.com. Click on "Company Info" then  
> "Jobs." Please submit resume AND cover letter.
>
> Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
_______________________________________________
Baypiggies mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies