Schema alter_field - check constraints

maxi-2
Hi,

Digging into schema migration code (and updating this to work with Firebird [1]) I see in _alter_field method [2] a validation for  Change check constraints?
Of course, this fails related to the test method "test_alter_field_default_dropped" because in Firebird check contraints are table based and not column based.
Then, there is a feature property "supports_column_check_constraints", now the question is Should not we use that feature to validate if is necessary check the number of check constraints?

If supports_column_check_constraints is False no validation is necessary, right?

Regards

[1] https://github.com/maxirobaina/django-firebird
[2] https://github.com/django/django/blob/4660ce5a6930e07899ed083801845ee4c44c09df/django/db/backends/base/schema.py#L593