Quantcast

Scipy 2017 Jupyter Tutorials

Michael Hearne-2
Greetings to all Jupyter developers and devotees!  The 2017 Scipy
Tutorial Committee is looking for proposals for tutorials for this
summers SciPy Conference.  In particular, we were hoping that someone
from the Jupyter community would be interested in putting together a
tutorial(s) on Jupyter.  Primarily we think a tutorial focusing on an
introduction to Jupyter would be helpful, as well as (possibly) a
second tutorial for more experienced users, focusing on widgets or
other more advanced functionality.

One note:  In years past, we have gotten comments that a lot of
attendees at Scipy are not as interested in JavaScript-heavy
tutorials, so perhaps factor that into any planning.

The web page below has all of the information for tutorial submitters,
including guidance on what should be in the proposal, schedules, and
stipends (!)

http://scipy2017.scipy.org/ehome/220975/493424/

Information about SciPy:

SciPy 2017, the 16th annual Scientific Computing with Python
conference, will be held July 10-16, 2017 in Austin, Texas. The annual
SciPy Conference brings together over 700 participants from industry,
academia, and government to showcase their latest projects, learn from
skilled users and developers, and collaborate on code development. The
full program will consist of 2 days of tutorials (July 10-11), 3 days
of talks (July 12-14), and 2 days of developer sprints (July 15-16).

--The SciPy 2017 Tutorials Committee

Re: Scipy 2017 Jupyter Tutorials

Matt Craig
Hi,

Good news -- Sylvain Corley, Jason Grout and I are working on a widget tutorial. If others are interested please let me know.

Matt Craig