Quantcast

Seattle IronPython Meetup

Jeff Hardy-4
Hi all,
Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in an IronPython meetup, or
even a sprint? Anybody fancy a hands-on crash course in how IronPython
works? Let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll work
something out (probably for the coming week).

I'm new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to
meet, feel free. I'd prefer to avoid downtown Seattle, unless that
works for everyone else.

- Jeff

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Curt Hagenlocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Welcome to Seattle! Or as I like to think of it, welcome to
> June-and-we-still-have-the-heat-on! :(

I'm from Canada, so this is normal (more rain though). I look forward
to not dealing with -40, and laughing at the locals who panic in an
inch of snow. :)

- Jeff

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Zachary Gramana
I you are open to "virtual" attendees, then I'm in.

On 6/10/2011 2:24 PM, Jeff Hardy wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Curt Hagenlocher<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Welcome to Seattle! Or as I like to think of it, welcome to
>> June-and-we-still-have-the-heat-on! :(
>
> I'm from Canada, so this is normal (more rain though). I look forward
> to not dealing with -40, and laughing at the locals who panic in an
> inch of snow. :)
>
> - Jeff

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

briancurtin
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:42, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in an IronPython meetup, or
even a sprint? Anybody fancy a hands-on crash course in how IronPython
works? Let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll work
something out (probably for the coming week).

I'm new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to
meet, feel free. I'd prefer to avoid downtown Seattle, unless that
works for everyone else.

- Jeff

If you end up putting together a sprint, the PSF Sprints committee will gladly throw some money your way to sweeten the deal.

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Steve Dower
Since I'm in the country for the next couple of months, I'll come along.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:36, Brian Curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:42, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in an IronPython meetup, or
>> even a sprint? Anybody fancy a hands-on crash course in how IronPython
>> works? Let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll work
>> something out (probably for the coming week).
>>
>> I'm new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to
>> meet, feel free. I'd prefer to avoid downtown Seattle, unless that
>> works for everyone else.
>>
>> - Jeff
>
> If you end up putting together a sprint, the PSF Sprints committee will
> gladly throw some money your way to sweeten the deal.
> site: http://pythonsprints.com/
> email: [hidden email]

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Dino Viehland
I'd be up for it - personally I'd prefer downtown but I could drive to the east side
if that's preferable.

Steve Baer
I'd also be up for it and we could probably use our office if that works
best for people. We're up in the Fremont/Wallingford area with our very own
private parking lot;)
http://www.en.na.mcneel.com/contact.htm

-Steve

Steve Baer
Robert McNeel & Associates
www.rhino3d.com
python.rhino3d.com

I'd be up for it - personally I'd prefer downtown but I could drive to the
east side
if that's preferable.

Doesn't really matter; we're a pretty laid back company.  We have a meeting
room that comfortably holds at least 15 (could hold more) with a big screen
television that we can hook up to.  We actually have the room pretty well
wired with mics and a soundboard since we hold a weekly Tuesday lunch
meeting there and include a few co-workers in Europe and in other states
through skype or teamviewer.

Weekends and evenings are also fine, but if the weather starts getting too
nice I might not be there to open the door;)

We're using IronPython as a scripting language on both our Windows and Mac
products.

-Steve

Steve Baer
Robert McNeel & Associates
www.rhino3d.com
python.rhino3d.com

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Steve Baer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Doesn't really matter; we're a pretty laid back company.  We have a meeting
> room that comfortably holds at least 15 (could hold more) with a big screen
> television that we can hook up to.  We actually have the room pretty well
> wired with mics and a soundboard since we hold a weekly Tuesday lunch
> meeting there and include a few co-workers in Europe and in other states
> through skype or teamviewer.

Ooh, nice.

> Weekends and evenings are also fine, but if the weather starts getting too
> nice I might not be there to open the door;)

You did say you were in Seattle, right? ;)

- Jeff

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Jeff Hardy-4
OK, follow up questions:

* When? Sometime this coming week would work great for me; what about
anyone else?

* What times work best? Either weekends or evenings are fine by me.

* What format? Right now I'm thinking that we actually plan it as a
sprint, with perhaps a couple of lightning talks thrown in.

* Who's coming? A few people have indicated interest; I'd like to have
a half-dozen or so committed people. I'd also like to get some newbies
there; I'm not sure how best to reach out to them.

If there's no rough consensus, I'll just pick a date & time. We'll
probably use Steve Baer's graciously volunteered office, so obviously
Steve has a fair bit of say over the date & time :).

- Jeff

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in an IronPython meetup, or
> even a sprint? Anybody fancy a hands-on crash course in how IronPython
> works? Let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll work
> something out (probably for the coming week).
>
> I'm new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to
> meet, feel free. I'd prefer to avoid downtown Seattle, unless that
> works for everyone else.
>
> - Jeff

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Steve Baer
Any time works for me next week. We have Tuesday meetings at lunch which can
tend to last way too long, but other than that my schedule looks pretty open
next week.

-Steve

Steve Baer
Robert McNeel & Associates
www.rhino3d.com
python.rhino3d.com

* When? Sometime this coming week would work great for me; what about
anyone else?

* What times work best? Either weekends or evenings are fine by me.

* What format? Right now I'm thinking that we actually plan it as a
sprint, with perhaps a couple of lightning talks thrown in.

* Who's coming? A few people have indicated interest; I'd like to have
a half-dozen or so committed people. I'd also like to get some newbies
there; I'm not sure how best to reach out to them.

If there's no rough consensus, I'll just pick a date & time. We'll
probably use Steve Baer's graciously volunteered office, so obviously
Steve has a fair bit of say over the date & time :).

- Jeff

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Jeff Hardy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in an IronPython meetup, or
> even a sprint? Anybody fancy a hands-on crash course in how IronPython
> works? Let me know! If enough people are interested, I'll work
> something out (probably for the coming week).
>
> I'm new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to
> meet, feel free. I'd prefer to avoid downtown Seattle, unless that
> works for everyone else.
>
> - Jeff

Re: Seattle IronPython Meetup

Ryan
Hey Jeff,
I am not in the Seattle area but I a m interested in Iron Python.  I actually just started learning it a few month ago and I realize that they aren't many people who uses the program.  I quite frankly think it's awesome with all of .net and python roll into to one.  But if you are interested in chatting with a noobie.  Then I'm all in, if not I totally understand.  Cheers!