Quantcast

Shouldn't tutorial follow the pep8?

INADA Naoki-2
In http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/classes.html#random-remarks

> Possible conventions include capitalizing method names, prefixing
> data attribute names with a small unique string (perhaps just an underscore),
> or using verbs for methods and nouns for data attributes.

Capitalizing methd names doesn't follows pep8.

Many sample codes in tutorial doesn't follow pep8 too.
For example, in http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/introduction.html#numbers
there are no spaces next to operators.

--
INADA Naoki  <[hidden email]>

Re: Shouldn't tutorial follow the pep8?

Michael Foord-5
On 06/03/2011 22:28, INADA Naoki wrote:

> In http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/classes.html#random-remarks
>
>> Possible conventions include capitalizing method names, prefixing
>> data attribute names with a small unique string (perhaps just an underscore),
>> or using verbs for methods and nouns for data attributes.
> Capitalizing methd names doesn't follows pep8.
>
> Many sample codes in tutorial doesn't follow pep8 too.
> For example, in http://docs.python.org/py3k/tutorial/introduction.html#numbers
> there are no spaces next to operators.
I believe a patch to the tutorial bringing it inline with pep 8 would be
accepted (and a good thing).

All the best,

Michael

--