Silent install of IronPython

haniti grk
Hi All,

This may have been asked before but I could find it in the mailing list archive.

Anyway, I would like to mass install IronPython on a specific folder, say C:\IPY, how can I do this?

I tried:

IronPython-2.7RC1.msi /qn INSTALLDIR=c:\ipy

but not all files are there, binaries where installed somewhere else.

-haniti

Re: Silent install of IronPython

Tomas Matousek

Binaries are installed into the GAC.

Use http://ironpython.codeplex.com/releases/view/61395#DownloadId=210406 if you need x-copy deployment (i.e. just copy files w/o running an installer).

Tomas

Re: Silent install of IronPython

haniti grk
I am fine that some of the stuff goes to GAC but just wanted to install most of the stuff in c:\ipy. I checked IronPython.wxs and it seems like it should use INSTALLDIR option but it does not do it though.

-Haniti

Re: Silent install of IronPython

Jeff Hardy-4
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM, haniti grk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am fine that some of the stuff goes to GAC but just wanted to install most
> of the stuff in c:\ipy. I checked IronPython.wxs and it seems like it should
> use INSTALLDIR option but it does not do it though.

This was reported against 2.7B1 in bug #29950 [1], but was also
reported as fixed in 2.7B2. If I set the install path to C:\ipy27\ in
the installer UI, it works fine. I tried using both INSTALLDIR and
TARGETDIR from the command line instead, but it just dumped it all in
the default directory.

- Jeff

[1] http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/29950