SimpleHTTPServer slashdot (Was: Python Core Tools)

SimpleHTTPServer slashdot (Was: Python Core Tools)

anatoly techtonik
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Maciej Fijalkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 5:02 AM, anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've stumbled upon Dave Beazley's article [1] about trying ancient GIL
>>> removal patch at
>>> http://dabeaz.blogspot.com/2011/08/inside-look-at-gil-removal-patch-of.html
>>> and looking at the output of Python dis module thought that it would
>>> be cool if there were tools to inspect, explain and play with Python
>>> bytecode. Little visual assembler, that shows bytecode and disassembly
>>> side by side and annotates the listing with useful hints (like
>>> interpreter code optimization decisions). That will greatly help many
>>> new people understand how Python works and explain complicated stuff
>>> like GIL and stackless by copy/pasting pictures from there. PyPy has a
>>> tool named 'jitviewer' [2] that may be that I am looking for, but the
>>> demo is offline.
>>
>> I put demo back online.
>>

> It's just that SimpleHTTPServer doesn't quite survive slashdot effect.
> Where do I fill a bug report :)

http://bugs.python.org

Is the demo address is still http://wyvern.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de:5000/
? Still can't connect. =|

--
anatoly t.

Re: SimpleHTTPServer slashdot (Was: Python Core Tools)

briancurtin
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 08:57, anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It's just that SimpleHTTPServer doesn't quite survive slashdot effect.
>> Where do I fill a bug report :)
>
> http://bugs.python.org

http://www.theonion.com/

Re: SimpleHTTPServer slashdot (Was: Python Core Tools)

Antoine Pitrou
On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:04:08 -0500
Brian Curtin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 08:57, anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> It's just that SimpleHTTPServer doesn't quite survive slashdot effect.
> >> Where do I fill a bug report :)
> >
> > http://bugs.python.org
>
> http://www.theonion.com/

Does theonion.com really run a SimpleHTTPServer, or am I missing
something?

Regards

Antoine.

Re: SimpleHTTPServer slashdot (Was: Python Core Tools)

Maciej Fijalkowski
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 3:57 PM, anatoly techtonik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I put demo back online.
>>>

>> It's just that SimpleHTTPServer doesn't quite survive slashdot effect.
>> Where do I fill a bug report :)
>
> http://bugs.python.org

don't have a reproducible workload, it has something to do with
stalling on sendall though (Something!)

> Is the demo address is still http://wyvern.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de:5000/
> ? Still can't connect. =|

Restarted