Quantcast

Slightly off-topic: about Harvey Mudd College

Slightly off-topic: about Harvey Mudd College

André Roberge
A short while ago, someone asked on this list if Harvey Mudd was really a College - being somewhat skeptical of the name. According to this BusinessWeek article, Harvey Mudd College is the one with the best Return On Investment ... I wonder if it's a sign of the attitude that led to using Python instead of Java in intro classes.

André

Re: Slightly off-topic: about Harvey Mudd College

Medina, Pat
Harvey Mudd has been number one on the list for a few years now. I think one of the reasons is they do have a smaller enrollment than the other colleges, which makes them more selective. Better influx of student makes for better output kind of thing. Not trying to minimize what they do as I am sure the quality of education is top notch.
I remind my students and parents every year that there are alot of quality schools out there people have never heard of. Probably because they don't have an athletics program.

Pat