Some fun curriculum writing (Urner)

kirby urner-4

Probably not everyone will find the snippet below as funny as I do.  It might help if you've seen Disney's version of 'The Jungle Book' which includes this Kaa character.  This is my Kaa impersonation.  There's no need to reveal more context, except by way of background, they've invited Alan Kay to be a part of this project. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Kay

Here's the snippet:

"""

PS:  from a PR (public relations) standpoint, please be aware that although Python is free and open source, some people find snake imagery unsettling (the Monty Python association is wearing thin with time), plus CP4E or Computer Programming for Everybody has a history of DARPA funding, i.e. there's some funny business with the military that, combined with the snake bit, means a lot of people just feel better about Perl or Ruby.  There's nothing I can do about that, really (history is history).  I think pairing Python with Squeak is a pretty good idea.

"""

Kirby

Re: Some fun curriculum writing (Urner)

kirby urner-4
Here's a well written Kaa page:
http://disney.go.com/vault/archives/villains/kaa/kaa.html

And then there's this entry in my blog:
http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2006/01/kaa-meets-tiger.html

Maybe we'll be seeing some good Kaa snippets in Google Video one of these days soon.

Kirby