Some super basic/possibly stupid question

Some super basic/possibly stupid question

Joachim de Lezardiere

Hello Brian,

I have looked at the help and nobody seems to be having my problem:

1.       I install PythonNet (pythonnet-1.0-rc2-py2.3-clr1.1)  at C:\Python27

2.       Cmd and then, cd C:\Python27

3.       Python.exe

4.       Then I type: from System import String

5.       And I get the error: No module named System… L

Which is true, there are no module on my computer called System… So how can I import a module that doesn’t exist ?

Sorry for this possibly stupid question ,

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Some super basic/possibly stupid question

dhirschfeld
Joachim de Lezardiere <joachim.lezard@...> writes:

> Which is true, there are no module
> on my computer called System… So how can I import a module that
> doesn’t exist ?

Did you import clr first?

>>> import System
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named System
>>> import clr
>>> import System
>>> System
<module 'System'>

NB: You should have copied the clr.pyd and Python.Runtime.dll files you compiled
to the C:\Python27 directory as part of the "installation process"

HTH,
Dave