Quantcast

Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

M.-A. Lemburg
Hello,

I have two questions:

1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?

2. Will the schedule be available as calendar file in some form ?

The first request would be nice to find talks by speakers rather
than by time slot.

The second would be nice to have, since it makes integration
with calendar apps a lot easier, e.g. Lightning, iCal, Smartphones.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 09 2011)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-23: Released eGenix mx Base 3.2.0      http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-25: Released mxODBC 3.1.1              http://python.egenix.com/
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy               11 days to go

   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Re: Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

Giovanni Bajo
On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 19:59 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?

We have this on our todo list, which is obviously very late :P

Can you please clarify how you would like this list to look like? Just a
list of all the names, linked to the personal profile page of each
speaker?

Or would you rather have a list with the speaker name and all the talks
that each speaker gives, like:

 Giovanni Bajo (=> link to profile)
    * "PyInstaller", Track Foobar, 9:30
    * "Debug & Profiling", Track Barfoo, 17:30

> 2. Will the schedule be available as calendar file in some form ?

It's also in the todo list. We would like to publish both the full
schedule and the personalized schedule ("My Schedule") in ical.

BTW, the EuroPython schedule in the guidebook app
(http://guidebookapp.com/) is almost ready and will be probably
published for free download during next week.
--
Giovanni Bajo

Re: Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

Carl Karsten
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Giovanni Bajo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 19:59 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?
>
> We have this on our todo list, which is obviously very late :P
>
> Can you please clarify how you would like this list to look like? Just a
> list of all the names, linked to the personal profile page of each
> speaker?
>
> Or would you rather have a list with the speaker name and all the talks
> that each speaker gives, like:
>
>  Giovanni Bajo (=> link to profile)
>    * "PyInstaller", Track Foobar, 9:30
>    * "Debug & Profiling", Track Barfoo, 17:30
>

>> 2. Will the schedule be available as calendar file in some form ?
>
> It's also in the todo list. We would like to publish both the full
> schedule and the personalized schedule ("My Schedule") in ical.
>
> BTW, the EuroPython schedule in the guidebook app
> (http://guidebookapp.com/) is almost ready and will be probably
> published for free download during next week.

As long as someone is coding a schedule export, it would be good to
provide a .json feed described here;

https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/addeps.py

Prolly isn't going to happen this event, but will be used if the code
base ever gets used for an event where I do video.  so sort of future
proff.  Won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

> --
> Giovanni Bajo

Carl K

Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 19:59 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?
>
> We have this on our todo list, which is obviously very late :P
>
> Can you please clarify how you would like this list to look like? Just a
> list of all the names, linked to the personal profile page of each
> speaker?
>
> Or would you rather have a list with the speaker name and all the talks
> that each speaker gives, like:
>
>  Giovanni Bajo (=> link to profile)
>     * "PyInstaller", Track Foobar, 9:30
>     * "Debug & Profiling", Track Barfoo, 17:30

This later format would be perfect. Perhaps you could also add the
speaker picture to better recognize a speaker among the
600 attendees :-)

BTW: Congratulations to your success ! This is going to be the
biggest EPC ever.

>> 2. Will the schedule be available as calendar file in some form ?
>
> It's also in the todo list. We would like to publish both the full
> schedule and the personalized schedule ("My Schedule") in ical.

Fantastic !

> BTW, the EuroPython schedule in the guidebook app
> (http://guidebookapp.com/) is almost ready and will be probably
> published for free download during next week.

Nice :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 09 2011)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-23: Released eGenix mx Base 3.2.0      http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-25: Released mxODBC 3.1.1              http://python.egenix.com/
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy               11 days to go

   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

Re: Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

Giovanni Bajo
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 20:55:07 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 19:59 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have two questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?
>>
>> We have this on our todo list, which is obviously very late :P
>>
>> Can you please clarify how you would like this list to look like? Just

>> list of all the names, linked to the personal profile page of each
>> speaker?
>>
>> Or would you rather have a list with the speaker name and all the talks
>> that each speaker gives, like:
>>
>>  Giovanni Bajo (=> link to profile)
>>     * "PyInstaller", Track Foobar, 9:30
>>     * "Debug & Profiling", Track Barfoo, 17:30
>
> This later format would be perfect. Perhaps you could also add the
> speaker picture to better recognize a speaker among the
> 600 attendees :-)
>
> BTW: Congratulations to your success ! This is going to be the
> biggest EPC ever.

Thanks! We're past 650 registrations right now, and still ticking. Though
we'll keep the congratulations on hold until the conference is over... :)
--
Giovanni Bajo

Re: Speaker list and schedule as iCal file

Giovanni Bajo
On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:59:14 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?

Done:
http://ep2011.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2011/speakers/

(linked from the navigation panel)
--
Giovanni Bajo

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 19:59:14 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> 1. Will you put up a list with all the speakers on a single page ?
>
> Done:
> http://ep2011.europython.eu/p3/schedule/ep2011/speakers/
>
> (linked from the navigation panel)

Thanks, Giovanni!

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jun 16 2011)
>>> Python/Zope Consulting and Support ...        http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ...             http://zope.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ...        http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-23: Released eGenix mx Base 3.2.0      http://python.egenix.com/
2011-05-25: Released mxODBC 3.1.1              http://python.egenix.com/
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy                4 days to go