[Sphinx] An icon/marketting image for the docs

[Sphinx] An icon/marketting image for the docs

Gael Varoquaux
Hi,

I know Georg Brandl follows this mailing list, so I would like to make a
feature request for Sphinx.

First of all, thanks a lot for this fantastic tool. I think it will help
a lot improving the quality of the documentation of the different Python
modules.

I would like to display a marketting image for the project I am
documenting. It would be the logo of the project. I think this is good to
give a stronger identity to the project. I know I could do this using the
templating engine, but it means I have to learn it, and this seems such a
common request that I was wondering if it would be possible to add an
option in the default template to have such an image, say in the conf.py.
It could fit very well in the default template.

Cheers,

Gaël

Re: [Sphinx] An icon/marketting image for the docs

Ondrej Certik
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I know Georg Brandl follows this mailing list, so I would like to make a
>  feature request for Sphinx.
>
>  First of all, thanks a lot for this fantastic tool. I think it will help
>  a lot improving the quality of the documentation of the different Python
>  modules.
>
>  I would like to display a marketting image for the project I am
>  documenting. It would be the logo of the project. I think this is good to
>  give a stronger identity to the project. I know I could do this using the
>  templating engine, but it means I have to learn it, and this seems such a
>  common request that I was wondering if it would be possible to add an
>  option in the default template to have such an image, say in the conf.py.
>  It could fit very well in the default template.

+1

Ondrej

Re: [Sphinx] An icon/marketting image for the docs

Georg Brandl-2
Gael Varoquaux schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I know Georg Brandl follows this mailing list, so I would like to make a
> feature request for Sphinx.
>
> First of all, thanks a lot for this fantastic tool. I think it will help
> a lot improving the quality of the documentation of the different Python
> modules.
>
> I would like to display a marketting image for the project I am
> documenting. It would be the logo of the project. I think this is good to
> give a stronger identity to the project. I know I could do this using the
> templating engine, but it means I have to learn it, and this seems such a
> common request that I was wondering if it would be possible to add an
> option in the default template to have such an image, say in the conf.py.
> It could fit very well in the default template.

This is a good idea. Do you have a suggestion where to put the logo in the
templates?

Georg

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:03:50PM +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
> > I would like to display a marketting image for the project I am
> > documenting. It would be the logo of the project. I think this is good to
> > give a stronger identity to the project. I know I could do this using the
> > templating engine, but it means I have to learn it, and this seems such a
> > common request that I was wondering if it would be possible to add an
> > option in the default template to have such an image, say in the conf.py.
> > It could fit very well in the default template.

> This is a good idea. Do you have a suggestion where to put the logo in the
> templates?

I am not sure what you mean. If you mean physically on the default page,
I would see it on top of the side panel, above the table of contents.

Cheers,

Gaël