Quantcast

Stefan rocks!

Darjus Loktevic
Hey Guys,

Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by Stefan on various issues :)
Stefan, thank you!

Darjus

Re: Stefan rocks!

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

Re: Stefan rocks!

oti-3
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

Re: Stefan rocks!

Jim Baker-2
Agreed, lots of good work from Stefan! I'm sad I haven't had a chance to recently look at Jython, but seeing such progress is always great!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Oti <[hidden email]> wrote:
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

Re: Stefan rocks!

Jeff Allen-2

Yes, it's an amazing streak. I've been admiring from the armchair. Well done Stefan. Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much since Christmas.

Jeff Allen
On 09/02/2017 05:22, Jim Baker wrote:
Agreed, lots of good work from Stefan! I'm sad I haven't had a chance to recently look at Jython, but seeing such progress is always great!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Oti <[hidden email]> wrote:
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

Re: Stefan rocks!

Stefan Richthofer
Hi all,
thanks for the nice words!
Just want to make Jython 2.7.1 as good as possible... who knows when the next release will be...
I also wanted to move things forward, i.e. stop discussing and really get some issues closed.
Btw, what does it take to move an issue from pending to closed? (And to get PRs and issues in github done? IMO all but one PRs in Jython's github mirror can be closed.)
I guess some review would be required, but given our resources, maybe it would be best to do this in rc phase so we can focus on stuff that actually pops up.
Also, I wonder how improvements can be efficiently moved to Jython 3, but that's better discussed in a separate thread I suppose.

Best

Stefan

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Februar 2017 um 09:22 Uhr
Von: "Jeff Allen" <[hidden email]>
An: "Stefan Richthofer" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Jython Developers" <[hidden email]>, Oti <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [Jython-dev] Stefan rocks!

Yes, it's an amazing streak. I've been admiring from the armchair. Well done Stefan. Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much since Christmas.

Jeff Allen
On 09/02/2017 05:22, Jim Baker wrote:
Agreed, lots of good work from Stefan! I'm sad I haven't had a chance to recently look at Jython, but seeing such progress is always great!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Oti <[hidden email]> wrote:
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________ Jython-dev mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jython-dev

Re: Stefan rocks!

Jim Baker-2
Stefan,

I think we just need to fix installation on Windows, including support of pip; and how pip/setuptools are setup by the installer with ensurepip. I don't believe such a fix (or fixes) is too much work.

Unfortunately I personally haven't had time to look at this or other Jython issues recently, because of a project lead responsibility for my work at Rackspace (not Jython related these days). However I expect this work to be a bit more relaxed in about a month however. I'm also planning to go to PyCon to sprint on Jython 3.x.

- Jim

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Februar 2017 um 09:22 Uhr
Von: "Jeff Allen" <[hidden email]>
An: "Stefan Richthofer" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Jython Developers" <[hidden email]>, Oti <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Februar 2017 um 09:22 Uhr
Von: "Jeff Allen" <[hidden email]>
An: "Stefan Richthofer" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Jython Developers" <[hidden email]>, Oti <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Yes, it's an amazing streak. I've been admiring from the armchair. Well done Stefan. Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much since Christmas.

Jeff Allen
On 09/02/2017 05:22, Jim Baker wrote:
Agreed, lots of good work from Stefan! I'm sad I haven't had a chance to recently look at Jython, but seeing such progress is always great!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Oti <[hidden email]> wrote:
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, SlashDot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________ Jython-dev mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jython-dev

Pip on Windows

Jeff Allen-2

I promise to test it this time.

Jim:

The Jython user experience on Windows is poor, mostly due to the assumption that either sys.platform == 'win32' or it's Posix. pip is a particular case. Stefan had a cunning idea about this in http://bugs.jython.org/issue2521, essentially making sys.platform a set of strings for which __eq__ returns true if *any* of the strings in the set match.

My feeling is that this is either an amazing way out or leads to a deeper circle of hell. (Hard to decide.) What do you think?

Jeff
Jeff Allen

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. Februar 2017 um 09:22 Uhr
Von: "Jeff Allen" <[hidden email]>
An: "Stefan Richthofer" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Jython Developers" <[hidden email]>, Oti <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

Yes, it's an amazing streak. I've been admiring from the armchair. Well done Stefan. Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much since Christmas.

Jeff Allen
On 09/02/2017 05:22, Jim Baker wrote:
Agreed, lots of good work from Stefan! I'm sad I haven't had a chance to recently look at Jython, but seeing such progress is always great!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Oti <[hidden email]> wrote:
awesome - and thanks!

Oti.

[hidden email] <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 8. Feb. 2017 um 22:46:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM, Darjus Loktevic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Just came back from vacations and was super happy to see all the work by
> Stefan on various issues :)
> Stefan, thank you!
+1000 :)